Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital Cameras (Point and Shoot) > Olympus

Old Dec 18, 2010, 11:50 AM   #21

Quote:
Originally Posted by JimC View Post
You'll find a door on the bottom of the camera that has a card slot in it. If one is there, you can just push on it to remove it (spring loaded locking mechanism), and push it back in until it clicks to reinsert it.

It's designed to use SDHC cards. ]

Oh. I found it! Jim, so just get one that says SDHC? Thats it?
SweetPoison is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 18, 2010, 11:56 AM   #22
Administrator

If you want to be able to store more photos, yes. I don't know how much internal memory your camera has.

They're relatively inexpensive now. You can get a Transcend Class 10 8GB SDHC card for around $15 delivered.

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Produc...-536-_-Product

Here's an 8GB Transcend Class 6 Card with a Card Reader for $15.99 delivered. That's what I'd probably grab for use in your camera. That way, you'd have a relatively fast memory card with lots of space for photos, as well as a card reader in case you ever needed one. It does appear to be a "flimsy" reader from comments I see about it in the customer feedback for this package, mentioning a plastic USB connector for plugging it in (but, hey, for a buck more than an 8GB card alone, it's probably worth it for use in a pinch when you don't want to connect the camera directly via USB).

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Produc...82E16820208515
JimC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 18, 2010, 12:05 PM   #23

Quote:
Originally Posted by JimC View Post
If you want to be able to store more photos, yes. I don't know how much internal memory your camera has.

They're relatively inexpensive now. You can get a Transcend Class 10 8GB SDHC card for around $15 delivered.
I can't find out how many pictures my camera holds either. Or what size the darn pictures are!

I will get that card ^. Can I get it at Target, Walmart? I want it NOW, Jim.
SweetPoison is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 18, 2010, 12:10 PM   #24
Administrator

See your camera's specifications, or look in it's manual. ;-)

Specs (and you'll see a section on how many photos internal memory can hold, as well as how many photos you can fit on popular card sizes). Movies take more space:
http://www.olympusamerica.com/cpg_se...486&page=specs

Manuals:
http://www.olympusamerica.com/cpg_se...6&page=support

I'd make sure to get a Class 6 or Class 10 card for it (otherwise, it may be too slow for video).

Yes, Target, Wal-Mart, Best Buy, Office supply stores like Staples, etc., usually carry SDHC Cards (the type of card your camera needs).

Transcend Class 6 or Class 10 SDHC cards are probably a good bet for it. But, you may not find that brand. Sandisk cards are also well liked (especially their Extreme Series cards). But, again, I'd get a Class 6 or Class 10 card for it, regardless of the brand you buy. The Class rating represents the minimum write speed with SDHC Cards. You should see a circle with a number inside of it on SDHC Cards. I'd suggest making sure it's 6 or 10 (cheaper SDHC cards may not have a rating, or be a slower Class 2 or Class 4 card).

Note that you'll probably pay a lot more for a given brand/speed/card size at a local store instead of buying one online though.
JimC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 30, 2011, 12:33 PM   #25

Is it fixed yet...
geofftay2 is offline   Reply With Quote