Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital Cameras (Point and Shoot) > Olympus

Old Dec 28, 2003, 1:20 PM   #1

Default looking at the C-5060`

getting ready to purchase first digital
looking at C-5060 but have read some about the C500 or C-750
any recommendations
just want to take really good shots of my 2 year old grandaughters that I can have enlarged up to 16x20
dwingard is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Jan 5, 2004, 5:31 PM   #2

I have not been able to find anything about the C5060 that I don't like. The pictures are great, the battery lasts, everything works as intended.
lwolff123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 5, 2004, 6:10 PM   #3

The c5060 is a better camera than the C5000. The C750 has a 10X optical zoom and would only be better if you needed a long zoom.
gibsonpd3620 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 7, 2004, 11:08 PM   #4

I've had the 5060 for about 3 weeks now- its my second digital camera (started with Canon A10). I purchased the 5060 for wide angle shots and macro- something that may be of no use for portrait work. That said, the 5060 takes excellent photos and as a added bonus has one of the best movie modes (with sound) at 640x480. This could be very handy if you are taking shots of kids at play.

For a quick point and shoot it probably is a bit of overkill as you will be paying for many features that you may not use. If you want to spend the money then go for it, otherwise take a look at the Cannon A80 for good quality and ease of use.
brian67g is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 13, 2004, 1:45 PM   #5

Quote:
Originally Posted by lwolff123
I have not been able to find anything about the C5060 that I don't like. The pictures are great, the battery lasts, everything works as intended.
I like the reviews of the C5060 a lot but I'm not a fan of proprietary batteries. Five years from now, will they still be available? NiMH batteries are cheap, available, and Rayovac has a new set which can be recharged in 15 minutes or less.

The other thing I don't like about the C5060 is the long Shutter Lag when using the remote. I'd like a camera for portraiture that I can set on a tripod, manually adjust aperture, shutter, focus, etc. and have it take the picture at precisely the moment I see the expression I'm looking for. To date, the only camera I've personally seen which has virtually zero shutter lag is the new Canon Digital Rebel, albiet at a significantly higher price point.
Clayton Root is offline   Reply With Quote