Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital Cameras (Point and Shoot) > Olympus

Old Jan 7, 2004, 9:16 AM   #11

EVF stands for electronic view finder, which the c4000 doesn't have according to Steve's review. It does however, have a video out port, which shows everything that is on the LCD. You can plug it into just about any TV or VCR to check settings, but you'll no longer be portable ofcourse. If however, you have one of those mini TVs with AV in, then you could still do everything on the road. You'll just have to deal with another piece of equipment.

Anyways, good luck on the repairs. Don't trash the camera if the repair bill is too high. I'd be willing to give you something for it if no one else will.

KuoH

Quote:
Originally Posted by Davcar
KuoH, I'm not sure what EVF is. The reason I posted the response I did was because everything you do on the camera is viewed on the screen.
KuoH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 7, 2004, 2:54 PM   #12

You have 90 day warranty from olympus plus can buy a Cseries two year warranty Cheap, cheap
digcamfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 7, 2004, 3:31 PM   #13

nm
KuoH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 7, 2004, 5:38 PM   #14

EVF...got ya !! I'm still waiting to hear back from Olympus so I can decide what to do. When I get a response I'll post it so maybe it'll help someone else.
Davcar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 7, 2004, 11:59 PM   #15

Hi,
I have purchased many camera's on the Olympus e-bay site for myself and relatives. (Four UZI's, two D-510's) .
They have all been perfect and you can't tell them from new! They also come with new accessories and manuals. They come with a 90 day warranty and while that is in effect, you may purchase a two year extended one. The two year extended warranty also gives you a free cleaning and "tune up" during the two year period.
B&H camera sells the genuine Olympus extended warranties for quite a bit less than direct from Olympus. It's just a fold out post card that you write in the serial number and your purchase info, Tear off one half and send the other half as a prepaid postcard! Very simple.
Good luck and good bidding!
Bob Riggs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 12, 2004, 4:31 PM   #16

A warranty is not an insurance policy, and Oly expressly states warranty does not cover impacts or tampering. Sorry, I would never leave my camera sitting on a tripod in the vicinity of kids armed w/ paintball guns...
jkusmier is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 12, 2004, 7:21 PM   #17

Default Olympus repair answer

Yeah I know...kids and paintball guns can be dangerous. My cousin who actually shot the camera isn't a kid though. She's 48 !! :roll: I had the camera set up cause I had taken a group shot of a bunch of us near the camp fire we had going. I knew the kids were coming thru heading for the woods in all their camoflage to play so I left things set up so I could get a group pose of all of them. My cousin wanted to try one of the kids guns and the rest is now history.
For the info of all...... After 2 emails to Olympus trying to get a cost estimate for repairs, (both of which I got no returns on even after waiting 5 days each) I resorted to the good old 1-800 number and got thru to a very nice young lady. She said there is a standard repair price, with shipping and tax for my area comes to about $157. They repair whatever is damaged and check everything else over to make sure its up to factory specs and give you a 6 month warranty before shipping it back. I was real surprised at the cost !! Not that $157 is nothing but I thought it might be even $100 more. How can they fix anything thats broken for one set price. If I run over the camera with the car will it still be $157?? And will they still fix it ?? If its some $5 part would it still be $157?
Davcar is offline   Reply With Quote