Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital Cameras (Point and Shoot) > Olympus

Old Jan 8, 2004, 10:21 AM   #1

Default RM-1 remote

What do the extra buttons on the RM-1 remote (compared to the RM-2) do? I realise there are wide and tele buttons but what are the + and - and the c button for? And is there any advantage in getting it for a 5060 over the rm-2?
ba.roberts is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Jan 8, 2004, 10:57 AM   #2

Default Re: RM-1 remote

Quote:
Originally Posted by ba.roberts
What do the extra buttons on the RM-1 remote (compared to the RM-2) do? I realise there are wide and tele buttons but what are the + and - and the c button for? And is there any advantage in getting it for a 5060 over the rm-2?
The + and - buttons are used when reviewing images (especially on TV, when they're very useful).
1) changing images forward and backward
2) together with the Wide and Tele buttons you can scroll images when zoomed.
"C" or "CH" stands for "channel" and is used to change the IR rays wavelength when you experience interference.
Coclusion is up to you.
Martin
MartinCZ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 8, 2004, 4:35 PM   #3

Speaking of remotes, has anyone had an occasion to try it on a C740? The Olympus doesn't say that it's supported, but from time to time, I see it for sale with the C740 listed as being compatible.

KuoH
KuoH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 9, 2004, 3:04 AM   #4

Quote:
Originally Posted by KuoH
Speaking of remotes, has anyone had an occasion to try it on a C740? The Olympus doesn't say that it's supported, but from time to time, I see it for sale with the C740 listed as being compatible. KuoH
Holding C-740 in my hand I don't believe it has an IR sensor. Even Steve says that remote is not supported in his review.
MartinCZ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 9, 2004, 9:27 AM   #5

There doesn't appear to be a visible IR window in the 750 either. I figured that it was either behind the LED window or the lens. I did see that Steve mentioned that it didn't support it, but I got the impression that he was just making that statement based on the press releases, which was why I asked if anyone had actually tried.

KuoH

Quote:
Originally Posted by MartinCZ
Holding C-740 in my hand I don't believe it has an IR sensor. Even Steve says that remote is not supported in his review.
KuoH is offline   Reply With Quote