Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital Cameras (Point and Shoot) > Olympus

Old Sep 10, 2013, 6:23 PM   #71

Default xz-1 Repair

Well a quick test in low light looks very promising
Nice focus even if it is a little grainy...

On the repair slip under parts used is:
Main Circuit board
OEL Circuit board
CCD unit

Looks like I got a new camera...best was - COST $0.00
Ray50 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 12, 2013, 3:54 AM   #72

What's up with UPS...? The same illness as Olympus it seems...!!
This complete episode gives a small insight into the global recession... and as to why it exists...!!
SIMON40 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 12, 2013, 11:27 AM   #73

I got mine a few months back new for $200 and also got a used VF2 viewfinder soon after for about $150. I find it to be one of the better cameras I have the pleasure of owning and using. I will post again on this forum soon and look forward to other posts as well.

GREAT that you got yours back finally. I sure hope I don't need any service on it anytime soon or at all.
vIZnquest is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 12, 2013, 10:31 PM   #74

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ray50 View Post
Well a quick test in low light looks very promising
Nice focus even if it is a little grainy...

On the repair slip under parts used is:
Main Circuit board
OEL Circuit board
CCD unit

Looks like I got a new camera...best was - COST $0.00
Good deal!!! I'm glad you got it back and the price is definitely right.
Steven R is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 29, 2013, 7:59 AM   #75

Default XZ-1 repairs

Just to finish and close this thread...my 'fixed' XZ-1 is really fixed. I tried some more low light indoor shots of grandchildren along with some outdoor and macro shots. The shots all look great. I also took an indoor video in a room with only 1 window on an overcast day. The video was not only bright enough but stayed in focus!! This is a big plus for me as I will now not need to carry my Canon HD video camera everywhere.

Now I just need to learn how to use it. I see Bryan Peterson has some books which get good reviews...
Old Sep 29, 2013, 9:55 PM   #76

That is good news Ray. Glad that you finally got your repaired camera back. Now go have fun learning all about it.
Old Jul 20, 2014, 10:03 AM   #77

Default XZ-1 Shot

I have scaled back considerably with photography kit. I have an XZ-1 with the VF-2 attachment and find it a decent camera with the colors a bit off in its default settings.
vIZnquest is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 21, 2014, 12:53 PM   #78

Quote:
Originally Posted by vIZnquest View Post
I have scaled back considerably with photography kit. I have an XZ-1 with the VF-2 attachment and find it a decent camera with the colors a bit off in its default settings.
There is sometimes a definite advantage of a simplified photography kit. Sometimes carry around a big equipment bag full of lenses and gear is a hindrance to spontaneity and quick response to photographic opportunities. It sounds like your ZX-1 with the VF-2 is a creditable performer for a easy to carry system.
Old Apr 27, 2015, 2:37 PM   #79

I know this is an old thread BUT my ZX-1 is again giving me trouble again. It seems to be the shutter button as sometimes I must push it 3-4 times to get a shot and sometimes a single push will give me double or triple shots. I wounder if anyone else has this problem? Takes GREAT pictures when it works.
(Decided I better get a pocket camera (elph 340 hs) in case this problem gets worse before my daughter's wedding this fall.)
Old Apr 30, 2015, 2:27 PM   #80

Sorry to hear about the ZX-1 problem. It is a good camera and that is aggravating when it has problems. Another option is the Olympus repair service. The flat rate for the repair of a XZ-1 is a flat rate of $118.85 to repair everything that is wrong with it. Everything can be handled on-line, even printing the shipping label. the cost seems reasonable, I have used the service last year and it took about two weeks to repair one of my lens and return to me. Here is there website
http://www.oiaservice.com/

Another option is to pick up a used XZ-1 on E-bay. Looks like there are several for sell in the $150 range. Good luck in whatever direction you choose.