Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital Cameras (Point and Shoot) > Olympus

Old Jan 20, 2004, 9:35 AM   #1

Default Olympus c2100 vs c750?

Olympus c2100 or c750.

I own a c2100 do not know whether to change to c750?
bubbles is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Jan 20, 2004, 9:51 AM   #2

I have the c750 and love it, but if you're coming from the c2100, you probably will not like the fact that the c750 does not have image stabilization that you have on your 2100. Panasonic just released the FZ10 that has 12x stabilized optical zoom lens that is closer to the 2100 as far as features, but the 750 still takes better pictures. I guess it all depends on how steady of a hand you have.
dave1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 20, 2004, 1:54 PM   #3

I don't think you'll be happy with the 750 after the 2100. Go to a store (if possible) and hold one, use the view finder and play with it a little.

The FZ10 takes great pictures. A great many people in the following site reference use one. Check out close up/ macro.

http://www.onlinephotographers.com/yabbse/index.php

Kayd
ImKayd1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 20, 2004, 2:48 PM   #4

Hi,
I have a C-730, similar to the newer 750. I also have a C-2100.
I have gotten so spoiled with the Image Stabilization on the UZI, I find it difficult to use the 730! It's great for shots where you are not using a lot of zoom in bright sunlight, but the IS and low light focus aid on the 2100 makes it the ideal camera for me!
I find when using the 730, I always get a high ratio of out of focus or blurred images from camera shake! The 2100 always gives me those shots that you would hate to delete!
I would recommend keeping the uzi until that super 5 megapixel,10X zoom, IS camera comes on the market! (If ever!)
Good Luck, Bob
Bob Riggs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 27, 2004, 1:09 PM   #5

I gotta agree with the others. I've owned a C2100 for 2 years and 10,000+ images. I recently tried out a friend's new C-750. Found I got consistantly better quality images at long focal lengths (hand held) with the 2100 than with the 750.

Now that I've had image stabilization with the 2100, it's a feature I simply can not do without! ...FB
FarmallBob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 3, 2004, 10:51 AM   #6

Just to be awkward, I've got the C-750, and Minolta Z1 (For a short while), My brother in law has the C2100 (about 2years old now!), and since I was staying with them for the weekend, I got a chance to compare the 2 camera's for an afternoon..

Well perhaps its me, but although I agree that image stabilisation works, it isn't a night and day difference in performance, I have a good technique (need one with non stabilised 10X zoom), and out of about 50 shots at max zoom, only about 8 where out of focus on the C-750, yet the C2100 did not fair much better with 5 or 6 shots still out of focus .. this was on a dull day, and shutter speeds where down @ 1/200th @ F/3.7..

I could see how the C2100 might spoil you, you don't need to hold it as steady, but that is not to say that there is no way you can't hold the C-750 steady either..

Mind you, using a tripod gives you the ultimate sharpness and focus..

I'd not totally discount a non IS 10X zoom, with a little good practice/technique you can get close to an IS lens.. and do remember that the C-750 is much more compact, easier to carry etc, and is 4 megapixel.. with excellent optics..

Think of it as an Automatic Vs Manual motor car, the automatic (C2100L) may be easier/smoother to drive, but that doesn't mean that you can't drive a manual (C-750) car smoothly with a little practice)

Although I would consider the Panny FZ10, if it wasn't so huge.. having had one SLR nicked, since its always 'on show' in a big carrying case, I am now a bit paranoid about dangling large camera bags about my person..
phil-t is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 17, 2004, 1:12 AM   #7

WHY DO YOU THINK THE 750 TAKES BETTER PICTURES?
IN WHAT WAY?

LOU

Quote:
Originally Posted by dave1
I have the c750 and love it, but if you're coming from the c2100, you probably will not like the fact that the c750 does not have image stabilization that you have on your 2100. Panasonic just released the FZ10 that has 12x stabilized optical zoom lens that is closer to the 2100 as far as features, but the 750 still takes better pictures. I guess it all depends on how steady of a hand you have.
PAISANO5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 17, 2004, 7:14 AM   #8

Paisano5,

Crisper colours, more detail in shades, and definitely less noise. My personal conclusion, from comparing piles of sample pictures. For me this drawback is compensated for by the FZ10's Image Stabilization.

Best Regards, Herbert
HerbertRD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 22, 2004, 2:29 PM   #9

Do you mean to say you were once subjected to a "grab and run attack?"

----------------------------------
Phil-t wrote:

Although I would consider the Panny FZ10, if it wasn't so huge.. having had one SLR nicked, since its always 'on show' in a big carrying case, I am now a bit paranoid about dangling large camera bags about my person..
Pooperdog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 29, 2004, 2:36 PM   #10

I have never used the c750 but I have used my MIL's c730 and it did not campare to my c2100. If I were you I would stick with the c2100. We just bought the minolta A1 we are losing the 10x zoom to a 7x but I wanted the 5 mp with image stablelization.
howie6267 is offline   Reply With Quote