Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital Cameras (Point and Shoot) > Olympus

Old Jan 22, 2004, 11:02 AM   #1

Default C-5060Z flash problem.

I recently bought a C-5060-Z. When I take flash pictures of my wife's cat, the cat's eyes close when the flash goes off. The eyes are open before I click the shutter but the photo comes out with the cat's eyes closed. How do I take flash photos showing the cat's eyes open? I never had this problem with my with old Hewlett-Packard C-200. I upgraded from the ! mp HP 200 to the 5 mp C5060
Charles Clark is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Mar 19, 2004, 8:17 AM   #2

Consider an external flash and bounce the flash. I suspect the cat is reacting to the pre-flash focusing light. Also, consider stronger ambient light, use a tripod and use the remote shutter release. Check with the www.betterphoto.com website also. There's good honest advice there quite often. Great page....
Old Mar 24, 2004, 10:48 PM   #3

Set the flash to "slave" in the menu setup. This will turn off the preflash that is causing the cat to close it's eyes. Taker2
wwesson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 25, 2004, 1:34 PM   #4

I set my camera flash to " slave" and the cat's eyes stayed open. The only problem now is the pictures are over exposed. Now I have to figure out how to solve that problem.
Charles Clark is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 25, 2004, 2:26 PM   #5

Default washed out close ups

i had that problem with my 2020 having washed out closeups, but wow did it take nice long distance photos with flash. The photo is as bright on the egges as the middle, my cannon is NOT and

my fuji had better color close up, not washed out, but then the flash was so short that all the photos had BLACK DARK backgrounds.

Maybe there is a set up for closeups on the dial, have you tried that. i never found a way with my 2020, but i see the 5060 had a close up choiice on the dial up....

I am thinking aobut replacing my 2020 with the 5060, so the SLAVE PROBLEM is great to know and i would be very interested if you get any ideas and help with the WASH OUT close ups......

i'll be watching for any ones ideas on that.......i also am considering the 808 , but i really cant afford it.....i was wondering if the FLIP UP HIGHER flash would help any at all?

chris
wiste is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 26, 2004, 5:24 PM   #6

to Charles Clark

If your Flash shots are overexposed, then try decrease the Flash power (by decreasing Flash compensation number). Press Flash and Exposure Compensation buttons at once and then decrease the Flash number. The lower number will cause a reduced power of fired flash. It's very useful in some situations. The same way you can increase the power of fired Flash .
odklizec is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 29, 2004, 11:18 AM   #7

Default great on the flash change!

i did not know you could change the amount of flash THIS IS GREAT !
wiste is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 29, 2004, 3:29 PM   #8

hehe..many people didn't know this "little" but very useful trick
odklizec is offline   Reply With Quote