Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital Cameras (Point and Shoot) > Olympus

Old Jan 29, 2004, 10:31 AM   #1
jq

Default C-750 White Balance ?

I just purchased the C-750 and have been reading the reference manual, but am not sure when to change white balance. If I want to shoot inside such as in the public areas on a cruise ship, do I have to adjust to one of the preselect modes? If so, which? What type of lighting would that match in the several choices we have? Thanks for any help. Leaving soon and not comfortable with working knowledge yet, which is why my trusty Nikon 8008s will go with me too!
jq is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Jan 29, 2004, 5:41 PM   #2
Red

Auto white balance usually gives the best result . Set it at that, then check the result, and make adjustments according to the light.
Red is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 30, 2004, 2:25 PM   #3
jq

Thanks Red, that sounds like a good idea. My only immediate problem is that I will only have the LCD to look at to judge color and there are no TV's on board that have av hookups, so I will be taking hundreds of shots w/o knowing what I am really getting. Should have bought camera sooner to allow time or waited until I got back to get started, especially after reading many of the things on this board which I just came accross!
jq is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 9, 2004, 11:01 PM   #4

If you look at the LCD as you change white balance selections you can see generally what effect they have. Of the automated settings, the biggest difference you'll likely notice is what happens when shooting under natural daylight versus incandescent light versus fluroscent light. On my C-755 the changes are quite striking as you select the various settings, so you should be able to tell basically the effect. Personally, I'd select auto only for outdoor shooting; indoors, and I'd select either incandescent or one of the fluroescent settings, in accordance with the kind of lighting actually present.
Norm in Fujino is offline   Reply With Quote