Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital Cameras (Point and Shoot) > Olympus

Old Feb 9, 2004, 2:32 PM   #1

Default Olympus C5060

After weeks of looking, I'm considering purchasing an Olympus C-5060 or Sony CyberShot DSC F-717. Does anyone have any positive/negatives in comparing either camera? My main uses will be close-up pictures to show detail of artwork, pictures to upload online, reference photos for painting (from landscapes to a butterfly on a flower), and possibly enlarging prints for printing. Any thoughts would be very much appreciated!!!
Thanks!
siberhusky3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Feb 9, 2004, 11:37 PM   #2

I have owned four Olympus digitals (2040, 3040 and my current 740UZ and 5060 Wide Z.). I've looked at the Sony cameras but have always preferred the ergonomics of the Oly's. The 717 is relatively "old tech" compared to the 5060, and digital is changing virtually by the hour.
I'd go with the Oly or the newer 828 Sony or even the digital Rebel.
maury is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 10, 2004, 8:49 AM   #3

Default Thanks

Appreciate your recommendation! Have been out "holding" cameras and agree with you on the ergonomics of the Olympus. Another camera that seemed to be comfortable for me was a Kodak 6490 (if memory serves). I'm a woman with smaller hands and really don't want a camera with a lot of weight. Haven't actually held the Olympus 5060 yet, but will do so before I buy. Most of my comparison has been online.
Thanks again for your reply!
siberhusky3 is offline   Reply With Quote