Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital Cameras (Point and Shoot) > Olympus

Old Feb 12, 2004, 11:28 PM   #1

Default just a general comment on the c750ug(ultra grain)

A photography major says, "Piss poor picture quality". I have never been so disapointed in a camera, I'm returning this P.O.S tomorrow!!!! ("pos" means Piece Of SH-T!!!!!}
jayp is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Feb 13, 2004, 8:30 AM   #2

I hope he buys a Sony F828 next.
Pooperdog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 13, 2004, 11:53 AM   #3

No kidding. I spent an afternoon with an 828 a few weeks ago, and was suprised at how poor the pics were.

I've been taking pictures for 25 years - my parents bought me my first camera when I was 8 years old. IMO, the Oly produces great pics under certain conditions.
jkusmier is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 13, 2004, 12:28 PM   #4

we have a saying:"when the dancer is lame,he says the stage is crooked....."
Foxxxxx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 13, 2004, 12:47 PM   #5

hmm, it's weird that you seem to have so much hatred for the C750. I upgraded from the C740 to the 750 a few months ago with it, and I'm really happy with the picture quality and all the functions of the camera. Maybe you got a bad one, because mine seems to work great.
awikenheiser is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 13, 2004, 1:45 PM   #6

This is the first picture i ve ever taken with my oly C-750, straight after getting out of the box for the first time, switching the dial to nightshot and pressing the shutter. The image has not been retouched in any way. I dont think there is much to complain about????i ve tried many digicams but think that the C-750 is one of the best out there, if you know of course how to recognise limitations and compromise, otherwise pay the dosh and get a dslr....

http://photobox.co.uk/album/album_fu..._photo=7040455
pavaros is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 13, 2004, 6:29 PM   #7

there is something more with this camera.
cant remember settings and day-time when i replace the battaries from the all night time charger.i have to set-up settings again and again!
other digital have a small lithium for that.why the c750 hasnt?
belucky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 14, 2004, 3:54 AM   #8

if you read in the instructions,it tels you that all settings will go to default after about half an hour with no batteries....

to everything there are plusses and minuses....

i personally like the fact that the 750 takes ordinary battereis,i still have 3 battery sets just so i don't happen to miss a great shot due to battery running out,and with the 750 you can always buy non-recharge batteries anywhere and keep on shooting....

the trick to your specific posting is simply to replace the batteries when they run out with fresh ones straight away...
Foxxxxx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 14, 2004, 4:24 AM   #9

OLYMPUS c750 is a great camera . With 10x optical zoom you can take great outdoor shots. I am using it for last 3 months and have taken more than 300 shots in different lighting condition with excellent results.
kalyan064 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 14, 2004, 7:10 AM   #10

Is Oly 750 that bad? For me, it's the most versatile digicam that I have ever used and with great pics quality.

Suggest that you try other digicam rather than Olympus brand (since you have hated it so much). I have used other digicam i.e Nikon D100 & Canon S400, they are great too.

Do give us your feedback if you have replace yours with other digicam.
asfan is offline   Reply With Quote