Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital Cameras (Point and Shoot) > Olympus

Old Aug 19, 2002, 3:42 PM   #1

Default C720 Lens

Was wondering if there is a problem using additional lens or filters on the C720, such as telephoto, wide angle, etc.
Star Maker is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Aug 19, 2002, 4:55 PM   #2

All you need is the filter tube adapter...either the CLA-4 from Olympus (55mm) or one of the clones (from various companies, one I know is 52mm). If you take a look at http://raynox.co.jp/english/digital/egolyc700uz.htm you can see the filter tube screwed onto the camera (where the knurled edge is) and various filters and lenses attached to it.
Mike_PEAT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 20, 2002, 10:39 AM   #3

Thanks. I went to the site and checked it out. Then I went to where you were supposed to be able to purchase them but they carried very little. I'm wondering if the adapter will support other brands as there seems to be very little out there. If anyone knows, I'd appreciate it. Either C700 or C720. Thanks again.
Star Maker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 20, 2002, 1:06 PM   #4

You can get a good kit off eBay.com with UV filter and polarizing filter (both made by Hoya) for $50 US (through "Buy it now"), http://search.ebay.com/search/search...t&BasicSearch=

You can buy other brands of filter adapter tubes...problem is they HAVE to be designed for this camera (a certain length for the lens) and the thread on the camera side has to be 45.6mm (from the numbers I've seen posted online).
Mike_PEAT is offline   Reply With Quote