Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital Cameras (Point and Shoot) > Olympus

Old May 18, 2013, 3:23 PM   #1

Default Olympus C-7000 Video Pass Through Question

Very long story short:

I work for a realtor/flipper, and its my job to "document" all of the "before" and "after" work done to the houses, and morph the before shots into the after shots for the final presentation.

Ok, now, given that, I need to be at the same exact location, for alignments sake, for a number of shots.

Ideally, what I need, is a very small program, that will "onionskin" for me, so that I can have the "before" picture loaded on screen, and a live feed on top of it, from the C-7000, "onionskining" back and forth to align the shot.

Well, I finally found a program that will do just what I need, and it works perfect.

However, the live input aspect of the software, only works with a Logitech HD Pro C910 USB webcam I have.

Not my C-7000.

My C-7000 has A/V USB Out, which, when fed to a television, feeds NTSC beautifully, and in real time, just as a webcam does.

However, the program I found, as I mentioned, sees the Logitech webcam, but does not see the C-7000.

I have programmed in VB for a number of years, and even downloaded the SDK for Olympus cameras, but that is a whole new ball of wax.

Is there anyone out there who has any pointers, as to how I can get my C-7000 to pass live feed, while also being able to take shots with it?

If the C-7000 can stream a live feed to a television, somehow, it has to be able to do so to a PC.

Thank you.
bigreid is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old May 18, 2013, 4:12 PM   #2

The C-7000 is a good compact camera with a lot of nice features, but remember that this camera is old technology, as the C-7000 was introduced back in 2004. This is very old in digital years and may hamper your search for required software.

A search of older Olympus websites mentions several software makers who offered camera to PC live view software. Some of them may no longer be in business, but there are some that still apparently offer such software for your Olympus.

http://www.sabsik.com/Cam2Com/

http://www.marssystems.com/inphoto/

Here is an Olympus site which listed several approved developers of such software for the cameras. It briefly describes each company and provides the web links. Several of them are still in business and going to each link could be helpful.

http://developer.olympus.com/cameras_24.html

Good luck in your search for a solution. Hopefully you can find software to fit your needs, but a newer model camera may be in your future.

( LOL, my first thought in reading your post was just duct tape the Locitech camera to the C-7000 so they were both aligned on the same subject. )
Steven R is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 20, 2013, 9:50 AM   #3

Steven,

Thanks for your reply.

2004? Wow. I had to stop and think about that for a minute, but, you are correct, my C-7000 is that old.

You know, that thing has served me like a king since day one, thus hindering my need to search for something newer, or better.

Sure, I wouldn't mind a brand new four or five thousand dollar EOS, but not for this little job.

Anyway, thanks for those links, and wouldn't you know, that none of those software have the C-7000 on their compatible list.

Go figure.

Thanks again Steven.
bigreid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 21, 2013, 9:19 AM   #4

Glad to help, sorry that you haven't found the needed software. You should not give up looking though, as you never know what you may come across searching the internet. Good luck. (And don't forget the duct tape idea. LOL )

As I previously said, while your C-7000 camera may be old, it is a good model with good handling and features. In fact, its design still looks good because it is kinda similar to the modern Olympus Pen series of today.
Steven R is offline   Reply With Quote