Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital Cameras (Point and Shoot) > Olympus

Old Feb 19, 2004, 7:37 PM   #1

Default Shutter speed to avoid blurring

I have a Olympus C-750. My lens size is 6.3-63 mm. What should my shutter speed be set at to avoid blurring? And what does the 6.3 -63 mm equals to what size besides 6.3-63. I hope this makes some kind of sense. :?
Imacer is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Feb 19, 2004, 9:08 PM   #2

your shutter speed should be set just higher.....so....just keep going up until it stops blurring....i'd think above 1/100? not sure......but if you use flash then it should be ok with something decently high........
try using auto.....hold the shutter button halfway down until a green light comes on and your camera will probably beep......if your in auto than it should show the shutter speed and arperture on the LCD screen......it will be different though if you have the flash on or not.....then go back to manual and use the settings that it said in auto......

hope this helps...
photosbyvito is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 20, 2004, 5:18 PM   #3

6.3-63 equals to 38-380 mm in 35mm camera terms..a general rule to avoid blurring is to set your shutter speed in 1/x seconds, x=your focal length.
For example if you are shooting in full zoom with your C-750, then you are using the extreme telephoto focal length:380mm. so your shutter speed should be 1/380 sec. Bare in mind that this is an indication only and depends on how stable your hand is. A fast shutter speed will force you to use bigger aperture or higher iso in lower light conditions thats why i would suggest to use a tripod or any other means that will help you to avoid blur and compromise less.
pavaros is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 20, 2004, 5:21 PM   #4

Are you trying to shoot moving objects? Are you pictures blurred at full zoom? What are your lighting conditions? Pavaros has already recommended a tripod.
gibsonpd3620 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 20, 2004, 8:04 PM   #5

I am shooting in ASN mode. I am taking pictures of moving objects, pets, planes, etc....
Imacer is offline   Reply With Quote