Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital Cameras (Point and Shoot) > Olympus

Old Feb 22, 2004, 7:03 PM   #1

Default Minor C-750 details.

I'm a novice with photography and I bought a c-750, what I wanted to ask is with the manual it says you can adjust the shutter speed from 1/1000 i think to 16 seconds but when you go into the camera menu it only shows max 1"(1 sec).

Also does anyone know if this phone has auto rotation for photo's? or do you have to manually rotate them? It get annoying after a while and when i auto rotate them and then transfer them to pc then i have to manually rotate them again even tho on the camera it shows the pics right side up. Any help would be great.
magyar is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Feb 22, 2004, 9:17 PM   #2

+ this is what i don't understand, I rotate the pics on the camera so they are upright then I transfer the photos with camedia and camedia shows the photos upright as well but when I view them with acdsee then I have to rotate the photos <90deg to view them properly again. I guess the c-750 hasn't got a built in auto rotation mode like the Kodaks.
Old Feb 22, 2004, 10:00 PM   #3

So ACDsee has a problem and you blame the camera?

I have no idea what phone you are talking about. Go to ASM for long shutter times.
Pooperdog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 22, 2004, 11:01 PM   #4

i'm mainly talking about the rotation function, i rotate the photos to the upright position and on the PC the only program what shows the saved upright position is camedia "the rest" of the viewers for e.g ---> these---> acdsee, IE, windows picture viewer, paint still show the picture as if i didn't rotate them. So i don't know if the camera is not saving the new position or what because then why would camedia show the right way.
Old Feb 23, 2004, 9:09 AM   #5

In that case don't rotate them on the camera.

----------
>i'm mainly talking about the rotation function, i rotate the photos to the upright position and on the PC the only program what shows the saved upright position is camedia
Old Feb 24, 2004, 5:20 AM   #6

Well I still don't understand why that if I rotate photos in camera, only camedia shows them the right way and the rest don't. Has anyone else got this problem??
Old Feb 24, 2004, 6:15 AM   #7

Well i worked out the 16 sec shutter mode but as for the rotation mode i still don't know.
Old Feb 24, 2004, 1:31 PM   #8

If the rotation doesn't work then just don't do it -- end of problem.

The exposure time is affected by several things. Only A/S/M modes can exceed 4 seconds. NR, multi-frame shooting, and popping up the flash all have an affect on exposure time.
Old Feb 24, 2004, 5:16 PM   #9

The camera isn't actually rotating your pictures. If I remember correctly, when you rotate a pic in camera, the camera just flags the picture and displays it rotated when you review your images. The camedia software can also probably detect this flag and will display your pics the right way. Any other program, however, won't know to rotate them, so you'll need to do it again.
awikenheiser is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 25, 2004, 1:31 AM   #10

Pooperdog: If you go to M mode then you can put shutter up to 16 secs, reason why I want to do this is because I like the effects what you can do with it at night.

awikenheiser: Damn, that's a real shame, so having that option in the camera is pointless, so with the Kodaks they must have some kind of a mercury switch so the camera knows when your holding the camera verticaly. I can't believe Olympus didn't put this in the C-750 considering that it cost alot more then my mates Kodak.