Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital Cameras (Point and Shoot) > Olympus

Old Mar 10, 2004, 9:28 PM   #1

Default C-750 Post Processing in Photoshop

I was curious if anybody out there runs their images from the C-750 through anything in Photoshop as a matter of routine.

By that I mean do you adjust for sharpness, white balance, contrast, saturation, etc... as a rule of thumb for all the pictures that you take?

I know certain digital cameras need some amount of sharpening to get the best image quality etc.

I prefer to do these processes in Photoshop as opposed to letting the camera do it, I feel I have better control that way. I'm just looking for general guidelines on what you do to get the best images!

Thanks!
mlydy1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Mar 11, 2004, 3:57 AM   #2

I will use either Adobe PhotoShop7 or PaintshopPro7 to do a number of things such as rotation, cropping, image resizing if I want copies for email or other, from time to time I will adjust the brightness and/or contrast or adjust the Shadow/Highlight/Midtones of a image for some reason or for tinkering with the photo itself as in layering another image in with something else changing the whole image.
Gordon. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 11, 2004, 3:57 AM   #3

I will use either Adobe PhotoShop7 or PaintshopPro7 to do a number of things such as rotation, cropping, image resizing if I want copies for email or other, from time to time I will adjust the brightness and/or contrast or adjust the Shadow/Highlight/Midtones of a image for some reason or for tinkering with the photo itself as in layering another image in with something else changing the whole image.
Gordon. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 11, 2004, 5:54 AM   #4

I don't think this is limited to the C-750, but anyway, it's altogether a subjective matter relating to what you want from the photos. My most common adjustments are brightness/contrast and hue/saturation/lightness, but how much of each depends entirely on the results I'm looking for in each individual shot. I rarely use effects like sharpening or softening, and only then to save a photo that is substandard in quality to begin with.
Norm in Fujino is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 11, 2004, 5:57 AM   #5

I've heard some people, especially those taking macro shots, say the sharpness setting on the C750 should be turned down. I suppose this might imply sharpening later. All I normally am doing is cropping and resizing and touching up redeye and perhaps occasionally brightening up an overly dark subject -- but then I am only a beginner.
Pooperdog is offline   Reply With Quote