Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital Cameras (Point and Shoot) > Olympus

Old Mar 16, 2004, 12:46 AM   #1

Default C750 UZ users

OK Iíve decided to up the anti to an Olympus C750 Ultra Zoom (from my Minolta Z1 & Fuji S5000 inquiry) as my 10x optical zoom digicam.

I have read the reviews & I'm looking for personal comments in regard to quality, ease of use, ect.

Thanks in advance,
FromZto850 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Mar 16, 2004, 1:52 AM   #2

I upgraded from a D-620 (C-1400) just a month or so ago; I was very leery of the EVF at first, but I'm becoming more used to it now. I'm still trying to find my way around, so I haven't set any personal quick recall settings on it yet, but I'm satisfied.
Norm in Fujino is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 16, 2004, 2:19 AM   #3

Same as Fujino in the other reply, not had the c750 long but it is proving to be very good and user friendly. Even my young daughter is using it and producing for her age and inexperiene some good shots.

Being a user of Nikon in both SLR and DSLR as part of my work, you can say that I am happy with the results given by this compact.
Gordon. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 16, 2004, 9:46 AM   #4

The C750 can produce good results or bad. It has frustrating moments to offer, but it is a reasonable choice for a reasonable price. Just be sure you have looked at the competing models and have established your rationale for the decision.
Pooperdog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 18, 2004, 3:59 PM   #5
jq

I purchased a 750 in January and have used on a cruise to Mexico and San Diego Wild Animal Park. The pictures have been pretty good, compared to my Nikon 8008s system. The shutter lag is a problem with action that has to be anticipated and prefocused but still hard to time animal action. The extras will cost you as much as the camera, with 3 256mg xd cards, card reader, lens adaptor, filters, lens cap (which I lost in a week) ac adaptor, quick charger, extra batteries, lens hood and bag!!! Whew, good thing my wife didn't see all of this. I had forgotten how much you need when you switch systems. This camera was the best small, capable camera with 10x zoom for the price that I could find. FZ10 was my second choice and I may still wish I had the stablizer.
jq is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 21, 2004, 3:22 PM   #6
Kay

Zto850, I have the 740 series, and am new at digitals. As for the picture results, they are fine. But then I don't have anything to compare them to sofar.

One thing I am a little disgruntled on tho', the program it comes with is sort of hard to understand. I want to be able to take a picture and adust the lighting and the size, and a whole lot more, but this program is tough to figure out.

Maybe it's just that I'm fairly new at it all.

Kay
Kay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 21, 2004, 3:57 PM   #7

Morning Kay, I don't use the supplie software for anything. I use Thumbsplus for storage which allows me RedEye, rotation, cropping, rename, to name just some options, ACDSee will do the same. I use PaintshopPro7 for editing such as brightness, contrast, midtones, adding text etc.

A good graphic's program which is a freebie as well is InFranView. I don't have a link for it, a quick search on google.com will produce a download link I am sure, that allows a host of photo editing options as well.
Gordon. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 21, 2004, 6:48 PM   #8

IrfanView is well worth having...

http://www.irfanview.com/
Old Mar 30, 2004, 9:16 PM   #9

Default c750 users

We recently purchased a 750 after our Casio 3500 pooped out. Overall the picture quality is good, however the shutter lag is real long. We take lots of pictures of our daughter (21 months old) and man, can she move! The camera takes quite a while to focus and get exposure that the pictures often come out blurry or out of exposure. It is tough to get the unit preset so the pictures come out ok. Our casio was nothing like this. Like I say though, the ones that come out good, come out real good, although I have bumped the saturation a little since the pictures look a little washed out.

Also, as far as software, I use Nabocorps cam2pc. It handles the indexing and downloading, so I have never even installed software for the 750 on the PC. I just plugged it in and everything worked!

Scott
daddie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 31, 2004, 1:47 PM   #10

I've been accumulating ideas for avoiding blurry photos...

http://home.att.net/~galt_57/avoiding_blurry.txt