Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital Cameras (Point and Shoot) > Olympus

Old Sep 4, 2002, 4:39 AM   #11

Gardenwife, if I can make a comment/tip about your avatar, it can't just be a website...it's got to be a picture (not too large) from your website (as an example the picture you have on your website, http://gardenwife.com/images/eggme.jpg ). Looks beter than looking at a red 'X'.
Mike_PEAT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 4, 2002, 5:20 AM   #12

Yes I only have the one 128 card and thats it. My first day out with the camera and the bloody card was still in the reader

So I need another card as a backup. However I get the impression some people have more than 2 and I just wondered .. eerm why ? I mean there supposed to last for a million pcs arn't they?

I guess I need to find a good UK stock. any English in here that know of best place to get them.

What about the ones on ebay. there all a bit confusing and I dont know which is the right one.
TonyG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 4, 2002, 10:15 AM   #13

Alot of us bought every timenew came out 8-16-32-64-128. If you read my above post prices should drop later this month. $50 +- has been the norm for sometime,
Gary

$50 being a delevered price.

[Edited on 9-4-2002 by Gary Senkus]
Gary Senkus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 4, 2002, 10:20 AM   #14

Yes I did read.. always read yours but $50 means buying from america. I would be suprised if that was free delivery. If it is then hmm thats about 32 which isn't bad
Old Sep 4, 2002, 10:39 AM   #15

Tony,
What do you have to pay now with the exchange rate in US$.Always remeber working with the british army for 3 weeks in 79, ask the cook for some tea so could make something hot to drink during the chilly October eve, "last time we gave you yanks some tea you threw it in the harbor (boston)" did not get any

Gary

[Edited on 9-4-2002 by Gary Senkus]
Gary Senkus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 4, 2002, 2:55 PM   #16

I have heard rumours that the Olympus C730 may have a compact flash slot.

We also know that the new C5050 take SM, CF and xD, maybe it takes xD by using an adaptor.

Kevin
UK
KevinJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 12, 2002, 10:04 AM   #17

Gary.. Now? I paid 64 pounds for my 128MB from Jessops. Thats about 100 dollars. This was a few moinths ago and memory changes prices so will need to check again soon
Old Oct 3, 2002, 2:18 AM   #18

I'm a newbie, apologies.
I've been waiting to see a 256MB SM card since I rec'd my UZI. My friend has a compact flash cam with those cards and taking TIFF pics of docuements was a breeze. Of course the 128 cards I have fill up quickly in TIFF, but for some docuements it's necessary to get a good image.
Gary, If 128 is the max, where are the best deals on them now, you mentioned a $50 delivered price.
Thanks for the help, Bill.
billzie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 3, 2002, 3:50 AM   #19
Cam

In Ozstralia, a 128meg SM card is about USD100-00!!! I reckon it's worth it to order from Amazon and have it posted here.

Just curiously, and refering to one of the original posts in this thread...Are SM cards really on the way out???
Cam is offline   Reply With Quote