Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital Cameras (Point and Shoot) > Olympus

Old Mar 29, 2004, 6:45 AM   #1

Default C755 language change to english

Hello everyone,

Glad to be in contact with all of you. Just I am not sure, is it possible to change C755 languange to english? Have somebody done it? Please advice. TIA.

Regards,
JP
olynewbie is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Mar 29, 2004, 9:38 AM   #2

In short. . . NO. The 755 seems to be a local Japanese-market version, and thus furnished with Japanese menus only (I have one also -- but then, I read Japanese :lol: ).
Norm in Fujino is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 29, 2004, 7:02 PM   #3

In that case, I should stop hoping it will ever display english menu. I actually spent some time looking for the language icon in the 755 setup tab folder and compare it with the 750 menu animation on another portion of this site but couldn't find it. This is great! It's my first ever digicam (I asked somebody to buy it for me in Japan, choosed it over 750 coz latest is always better I believe so and I also got the black one, can you beat that?). I'm not gonna be learning digital photography only but Japanese language as well. Thanks for the info. I'll be checking this site time to time for your threads regarding 755.
olynewbie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 30, 2004, 5:55 AM   #4

There's very little different significantly from the 750, so if you download the English-language 750 manual from Olympus, you may be able to figure out the commands, though the various levels are complex enough that it is certain to take you a while. If that's too much a chore, it might be worth your while to sell it to someone where you are who reads Japanese, then buy a 750 there.
Norm in Fujino is offline   Reply With Quote