Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital Cameras (Point and Shoot) > Olympus

Old Apr 5, 2004, 4:38 PM   #1

Default Olympus 750 -- Macro Mode

I'm not clear on how to shoot in macro mode. To use super macro, you go through the menus and choose it. I'm talking only about macro.

For macro, it seems like there is a button on the back of the camera. Do I just push that button or what -- it is not clear to me when macro mode is engaged and when it is not. It also mixes up metering with macro. What if I don't want to meter, but just use macro?

Also, should the camera be in "P" mode or some other setting (like portrait) or what -- for macro mode?

Should the zoom be changed at all in macro mode -- or should that be left alone? Should the flash be used or not?

Please help.
caesar is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Apr 6, 2004, 1:09 PM   #2

So 31 views and no one has an answer? I know some 750 users read this.
caesar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 6, 2004, 2:46 PM   #3

The macro is a bit of a waste really, all it seems to do is give the auto focus a bit of priority to subjects less than 25ft away. Big deal. You can hardly tell any difference to macro on or off. It would have been better to have had super macro on this button to save having to go into the menus. Super macro is pretty impressive IMO.

The macro button just cycles through all the combinations of macro on/off and spot metering on/off, can't see a problem with that in itself it's just the wrong macro type!
SteveB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 6, 2004, 3:21 PM   #4

For quick access to super macro mode, you can set the "my mode" in dial button to super macro.
you cant use flash or zoom in super macro mode.
belucky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 9, 2004, 10:08 AM   #5

Yeah, I have a low opinion of "macro mode" in anything but direct sunlight. It doesn't do much.

I do have a great suggestion for S-macro mode -- but I'll start a new thread for that.
Pooperdog is offline   Reply With Quote