Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital Cameras (Point and Shoot) > Olympus

Old Apr 8, 2004, 5:53 PM   #1

Default New c-750 questions!

Hi,

After advice from this forum I've purchased a c750uz. Pleased so far, but I have some questions which I was wondering if anyone could help me with

1) I'd like an adaptor tube to help protect the lens and also to allow me to purchase, at a later date, the tcon 17 telephoto lens. The cla4 is black and my camera body is silver. Does anybody know of a silver adaptor lens with the same specs as the cla4 which I can purchase from a supplier in the UK?

2) If I buy an adaptor tube (either cla4 or silver equilivant) can I fit a uv filter to this to protect the lens? Also can I buy a lens cap to protect the filter?

3) Will fitting either of the above cause problems with dark corners on my pictures etc?

4) If I do buy the tcon 17 can I fit a UV filter to the front of this to protect it? If so what size do I require?

5) As above for lens cap

6) Finally (for now!! :roll: ) If I buy the tcon 17 I do not want to keep taking it off the camera body. What would be the minimum distace from objects I'd need to stand with the tcon17 fitted? (i.e. would having this lens fitted prevent me from taking any pictures of objects say less than 10ft away?)

Thank you all in advance.

Hussman
Hussman is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Apr 9, 2004, 8:24 AM   #2

Hey,
I can't answer all your questions but I own the tcon and you can't leave it on all the time.The camera must be at full zoom or pictures come out with black on the edges
slickShooter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 9, 2004, 9:56 AM   #3

I use a TCON17 with a 55-52mm adapter ring to a 52mm tube. This seems to work ok. I see vignetting at 50% zoom which is about the norm. Alternately you could just buy the 55mm tube or buy both tubes.

The TCON17 does not have front threads, although some people add them by glueing a ring or hood onto the front lip.

I think the minimum focus distance is probably around 8 feet but the lens makes auto-focus even more difficult. You may want to consider waiting to see if the new Raynox 2.2x lens is any good.

http://raynox.co.jp/english/egindex.htm
Pooperdog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 9, 2004, 5:28 PM   #4

Thanks for this.

Anyone else got any views or advice for me?

Thanks

Hussman
Old Apr 9, 2004, 8:00 PM   #5

Quote:
Anyone else got any views or advice for me?
Check out other threads about the C-740/750/755 here. Be sure to allow for focus time and shutter lag; prefocus by holding the shutter down halfway; be sure the green light is not flashing, then press the shutter fully, and don't move for a second since some shutter lag is involved. Avoid AUTO mode. If you want an automatic exposure mode, use either P (programmed exposure), Aperture priority or Shutter priority.
Save batteries by avoiding use of internal flash and keeping use of the LCD to a minimum.

If you do use internal flash, note that mounting an accessory filter tube and lens hood will almost certainly block the flash at the top part of your shot. Memorize where the most-commonly used control menus are so you can get to them quickly, or set them in the "My" menu.
Norm in Fujino is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 16, 2004, 3:25 PM   #6

Thank you for taking the time to respond.

Hussman