Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital Cameras (Point and Shoot) > Olympus

Old Apr 25, 2004, 2:04 PM   #11

Videolan....thats the VLC-player right?
But thats just a player I think, I want to EDIT the mpeg-4 files.

I wonder what that UV-filter does and what it looks like?
Does it alter the photos in any way, or is it just protection and no downsides to it?

I think they only accept real mail-addresses where you cant be anonomous. I use Yahoo and that is forbidden at dpreview it seems. But usually someone posts the questions you want to ask yourself so
Seb74 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 25, 2004, 3:01 PM   #12

Only thing i've hear are better colors and no "dim" in landscape photos. What makes [email protected] not a real e-mail address? ...
aliquis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 25, 2004, 3:26 PM   #13

Quote:
Originally Posted by Seb74

Might it be possible, or is it so that even if the pockets are barely the needed size the lens might be damaged being pressed down a pocket since its a bit loose???
I dont know how these cameras work and how vulnerable they are compared to normal compact-cameras that you can do what you want with

This is kind of my question also. I like to throw my camera in my purse and the salesman told me it would damage the lens. Do y'all agree? I am really longing for this camera!
erika is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 25, 2004, 4:33 PM   #14

Wow
If you cant carry the camera around cause its so damn vulnerable I think I'll be better of with some small regular low-zoom camera that can be used without falling apart.
Didn't know these zoom-cameras might be THAT sensitive

For me a camera is either "carry in pocket" or its not "carry in pocket" size.

I mean, if it does not fit the pocket I will have to carry it by hand (or in some bag or whatever) and then the size doesn't really matter cause I have to carry it anyway.
If this one dont survive a pocket the S1 might be a ok alternative or even the FZ10 too even though they are much bigger (following my reasoning above).
Old Apr 25, 2004, 4:51 PM   #15

Why would this one fall apart easier than any other? It's probably not just recommended to squezze any of them into a pocket.
aliquis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 25, 2004, 7:07 PM   #16

Salesman said the lens would shake and get banged up.

Any camera salespeople here? ?What do you think?
erika is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 26, 2004, 12:03 AM   #17

Quote:
Originally Posted by erika
Salesman said the lens would shake and get banged up.

Any camera salespeople here? ?What do you think?
I'm wondering the same thing, since while I do take pretty good care of my cameras, when I'm on vacation, I go to rollercoasters and the like.
pelotas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 26, 2004, 3:59 AM   #18

Quote:
Originally Posted by aliquis
Why would this one fall apart easier than any other? It's probably not just recommended to squezze any of them into a pocket.
"Normal" cameras with like 3x zoom dont have these kind of huge lenses that rattle around. At least not the affordable ones
Old Apr 26, 2004, 1:08 PM   #19

Quote:
Originally Posted by Seb74
Quote:
Originally Posted by aliquis
"Normal" cameras with like 3x zoom dont have these kind of huge lenses that rattle around. At least not the affordable ones
I have carried SLR's on rollercoasters, and on normal vacations. Nothing has ever happened to them. Is this camera more susceptible to getting damaged due to rattles?
pelotas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 26, 2004, 1:43 PM   #20

When the lens is extended I would suspect that any significant collision might cause damage, and for that reason I recommend a lens tube for these cameras. Also get an LCD protector.
Pooperdog is offline   Reply With Quote