Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital Cameras (Point and Shoot) > Olympus

Old May 3, 2004, 8:01 AM   #1

I was offered one at the end of last year on here..(I was on as TonyG but sincelost my reg details). Should have grabbed it. Don't suppose its still going?

Anyone got one for sale at a reasonable price?

http://www.kipax.com
KIPAX is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old May 11, 2004, 10:15 AM   #2
lg

Tony, eBay shows 6 closed auctions from April 28 - May 8 for the E100RS ranging from $290 to $455. One was a refurb from Olympus at $415. I didn't see any current auctions, but I'd search there and also inquire at the Olympus website.
lg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 11, 2004, 1:35 PM   #3

My 100RS was picked up at a car boot but its a bit long in the tooth these days compared to the FZ10 and C770.
blackthorn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 11, 2004, 6:07 PM   #4

Thanks lg ... However I believe olympus wont sell refurbs outside the US.. I looked before and it was US delivery only.... ebay means paying for the camera and delivery and some sort of tax to get into country and is expensive... I will do it if one becomes available though.. since I started looking theres only been one and it had full l40 flash system and out of my price range...

blackthorn... selling it per chance ?
Old May 11, 2004, 6:28 PM   #5

Have you looked at the C2100UZ, they are almost the same camera except the E-100RS is faster with 15fps, but has less resolution (1.6MP compared to the C2100uz's 2.1MP) If you're not shooting sporting events or have a need for the extremely fast burst, then i would look at the C2100UZ. I myself have an E-100RS but am not ready to give it up (Sorry). Both have the IS (Image Stabilized)lens and most of the controls are identical. I am sure there are some other differences too, but these are what i remember.

:|
billy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 11, 2004, 6:32 PM   #6

Hiya

Yes I have had an UZI for a couple of years now... Sports shots is exactly what I do require it for (http://www.kipax.com)

I want 2 cameras and rather than a second uzi I would really like the e100rs for the reasons you state and more... I have absoloulty no need for mega pixels
Old May 18, 2004, 5:55 AM   #7

The post furthur up by lg quotes prices of between 290 to 499 dollars for an e100rs.. this is true but the top price also included a fulll FL-40 flash setup which alone would bring 300 dollars easy...

The average price would be the 250-300 dollars range for a used e100rs. Does that seem about right? That according to my converter is 150 UKP to 200 UKP.. so top price 200 quid

Sorry but three people have emailed me asking how much I will give them for there camera and not one of them has even replied. My offer has been above average.. presumably offer too low... One was yesterday so still time I suppose.... Just a little frustrating

Still looking if anyone has one..But as I have a Uzi I dont need to be held to ransom..I will pay top end of average if anyone has one ?