Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital Cameras (Point and Shoot) > Olympus

Old May 11, 2004, 2:13 PM   #11

the more i think about your telling me the 410 had bad flash and low light and thats what i liked about the 2020, makes me think i better call and change my order !

sure appreciate hearing about the differences in your cameras!

if i cantget better photos from the auto on the 5050 than the 8080, then i'll resort to t he point and shoot 410!

Buydig.com is where i bought it and the 8080 came in 2 days and they let me exchange the camera even after 27 days with an even exchange and no restocking fees, so i was really happy with them.

chris
wiste is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 11, 2004, 5:59 PM   #12

Ithink i had trouble with the WB and exposure on the 8080, so i'm hoping the 5050 isnt like that, was the 3030? Did it balance high contrast, light and dark shots well?

And i assume you have no trouble with that on your 8080?

If you don't I should have tried another 8080, except i dont know if i can like the low light photos either. I loved the way the camera was built, the flip up flash, the access to all the buttons, the mY MODE, the fast startup, the fast shutter.

I tried all the WB and exposure (spot, meter etc) settings over and over again without any good results

cmw
Old May 12, 2004, 1:23 AM   #13

Be frankly, I do not think that the WB or exposure is a big issue.

I normally will not adjust the WB or MF setting,Ionly leave thissettingto "AUTO", and I got a very good image in A or S mode. Of course, sometimes, I use Photoshopto do the darkroom effect.

And, what I suggest is you may need to practice how to hold your camera stable or use the tripod if necessary.

As I mentioned to you, my momfixed her problem after understand how to hold/use her camera. Iasked her to do a test-slot using my 8080, and you can see her improvement. (No tripod, P mode, Flash on - 8080)

http://photos.yahoo.com/myoly8080/

DC Newbie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 12, 2004, 7:30 AM   #14

if you think that WB or exposureisnt a big factor thenI believe that there was something wrong with my 8080, I will see when i get the 5050 and compare it.

I have worked on holding the camera and i do see animprovment. I don't rememger having to do this with my C-2020 or my powershot70 though.

IfI don't like the 5050, I am opting for the 410, unless your wife really hates it or something !?

thanks again!

chris

Old May 13, 2004, 12:15 AM   #15
JPG

:?Strange, What you describe is completely contrary to the experience I have been getting with my 8080. My daughter and son-in-law had dinner with us the other day, I couldn't help but taking pictures of my glamorus little blue-eyed and red haired grandaughter. I took countless shots of her and didn't bother with the redeye reduction, -just straight flash at fairly close distance. There wasn't a single red eye and any of her shots. Outdoor photos have been great as well.
JPG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 13, 2004, 7:11 AM   #16

I must have wrote it wrong, I did "not" get red eyes wiht the 8080.

That is whatI LIKED about the 8080, I had no red eyes! and the fast shutter adn start up.

I hated to give the "no red eyes" up, by sending it back cause Iheard the 5050 and 5060 have red eye problems. ButI didnt like the blurry no flash photos I got and the glary outdoor photos adn actaully I got a lot of flash blurry photos too, unless i was perfectly still, like I feel like it needs a tripod only, no handheld.

Like I said, maybe there was something wrong with mine. I'l compare it to the 5050 and decide.

Anyway, I am really really happy for you that your 8080 is working great for you! I think its a really cool camera to run.

cms
Old May 14, 2004, 1:11 AM   #17
KSS

I think it may have been a defective camera. I too purchased the Olympus C-8080 and the first one had a lens wobble and blurring problem, the replacement for that had start-up problems and blurring. So today I picked up my new C-8080. I am hoping the third time is a charm. I am inclined to believe that my dealer dropped the second camera as the box was damaged when I picked it up from him. I bought my new C-8080 from a new dealer. I will let you all know how it works! I am praying that I will love it as much as my C-2100UZ.
KSS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 14, 2004, 9:05 AM   #18

I will be Waiting anxiously for your results! I bet i had a bad one!

I ordered a 5050 instead of trying another 8080, and i might be sorry because the 8080 did havea really cool layout and no red eyes and fast fast shot to shot, but i couldnt get decent photos due to poor exposure and focus

cmw
Old May 14, 2004, 10:51 PM   #19
KSS

Hello Again, as promised here is my first report since getting my third C-8080. First round of testing is brilliant. The picture images are stunning. The camera operates superbly. I am so glad that I gave it one more try. I also got all the accessories, Flash, TCon-14D, WCon-08D, B-HLD30 Power Battery Holder Grip (dual battery storage...awesome), and LCD Lens Hood. Now I can't wait to get out this weekend and really put it to the test. I know you ordered a 5050, but perhaps you may want to try another C-8080 if your really like the features as you mentioned. I am sure you won't regret it! Let me know your thoughts.

Kevin
KSS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 14, 2004, 11:47 PM   #20

That is so great!! I can't believe it. It is temping to try another one, esp. if I use the 5050 for a week and I miss some of the 8080 things.

So could you tell me exactly what your first Two cameras did that you knew wasnt normal, so I can tell if mine was like your first two?? I've alwasy had the feeling mine wasnt quite right, actaully it was pretty bad, but i blamed myself.

That would be great if you could explain what didnt work right.

THANKS!!!

CMW