Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital Cameras (Point and Shoot) > Olympus

Old May 10, 2004, 8:42 AM   #1

Just wanted to let all of you know that I sent back my c-8080 today.
I am tired of blurry dull photos in P or Auto, tired trying to
change settings and not getting great photos. Changing the settings
ISEASY with the 8080, but I just don't want to do it, I want to get
nice photos in Auto. I also had foggy sun glare on all my outdoor
photos. Like a haze. I also didn't like thatI couldnt see thru the
camera out in the sun, until I pushed the shutter half way down.

Wish I had my C-2020 back. Everyone alwasy complimented me on the
wonderful photos I took with it and very rarely did I get a bad shot.

I really really wanted the fast start up, fast shot to shot and the
no red eyes i had with the 8080, but its not worth the hassle of trying to get good looking photos.

Guess I'll get a point and shoot Olympus 410, safer, and easy to use.

Thanks for all of your help in trying to get better photos for me.

Hope I'm not dissapointed in the 410, I tried my daughter in laws
and it took great photos without working at it. The spped isnt like
the 8080, but its like the 2020 was, not that bad with much brighter
colored photos.

I'm sure it won't that the wonderful super macro of
the 8080 that i loved, I just dont need macro, i need good colored non blurry photos without fail.

CMW:sad:

wiste is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old May 10, 2004, 9:28 AM   #2

Good day,

Sorry for your disapointment. Is it possible that you had a defective product?

I changed my C5060WZ for a C8080WZ last week. Just had a big oportunity to do it at low cost. I loved my 5060. At first try, I did not want to change, I was used to my beloved 5060. But with just a day of playing around with the 8080, I COMPLETLY forgot my 5060. Now, after a sunny week-end of shooting galore, I am more than happy with it, this camera is REALLY amazing.

I did not encounter "blurry dull photos in P" or "foggy sun glare"that you're talking about. That's why I am asking about the defective possibility.

Before the trade, I based my choice on these reviews:

http://www.dpreview.com/reviews/olympusc8080wz/

http://www.dcresource.com/reviews/ol...ew/index.shtml

http://www.steves-digicams.com/2004_reviews/c8080.html

They did not encounter the problems that you are talking about, on the contrary.

Anyways, like I said, I'm sorry for you. But on my side, I feel like a kid with my new toy, and I'm having a lot of pleasure with it!

Have a nice day!

Ciao!

Mart

Badhabit07 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 10, 2004, 9:41 AM   #3

Maybe it wasn't me, it was a camera problem.

Glad your's is working good!

cmw
Old May 10, 2004, 11:01 PM   #4

I got my8080 for almost 2 months, I do not have any problem, and feelvery happy up to now.

BTW, I upgradedfrom Oly c3030,and I founda lot of improvement,fast response, and easy to handle on the 8080. I bought the B+W UV filter, andHoya Cir-PL filter recently, andIam very enjoy.

I bought a Oly stylus 410 to my mumlast Friday,she seem very happy with the size and function. BUT, when I teach her how to use this camera,shemade a very dark image even the flash was on, andthen, Itook the same image and I got a good sharp picture.

Ithinkthe 410 is too sentitive,a little hand shake will ruin the image.

DC Newbie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 11, 2004, 7:20 AM   #5

thanks for the 410 thoughts, sounds like low light problems that I would hate and the same shake problemI had with my 8080

cmw
Old May 11, 2004, 9:05 AM   #6

So then DCNEWBIE, would you have a opinion, on a 3030, 4040 or 5050 being like my 2020 was, point and shoot with great quality photos? You had a 3030, so maybe you can tell me what it was like, although maybe I cant buy it anymore.

I ordered the 410, butI can return it ifI don't like it...Buydig didnt charge me any restocking feefor returning the 8080, even after 30 days becauseI purchased 770.00 worthin exchange. They don't have the 3030 or the 4040, just the 5050 so I could do it without losing repackaging.BUT I'm afraid the 5050 would not do what I want in AUTO anymore than my 8080 did. I really dont want to change settings other than FILL flash or No flash.

What do you think? I really lose Quality of crispclear photoson my point and shoot Powershot 70 compared to my C-2020 and it bugs me, so I probably will feel the same about the 410, although I hate returning stuff. I liked my daughter in laws400 outdoor photos and close ups of the kids, butI dont remember trying it at concerts or group photos indoors or low light, so that was a real bummer to hear.

how does your wife like the camera? My daughter in law loves her 400, but then again, she never had my C2020 !

I appreciate your thoughts on all this.

cmw
Old May 11, 2004, 10:38 AM   #7

As per my previous post, i found that there are a lot of improvement (fast response, easyto handle)from 3030 to 8080. If I have asecond chance, I will still go for the 8080 as well.

FYI, there are some pictures by my 3030

http://photos.yahoo.com/myoly3030

My mum like her 410 very much,she keep playing the camera thesedays, she tell me thatshe ispracticing how to presshalf way of the shutter buttonand keep her hand stable when taking photos.

Besides, if the "ALL WEATHER" feature is not necessary, I think CanonA80 also is a good choice.

Old May 11, 2004, 11:55 AM   #8

The photos are beautiful, I don't feel like I would get those kind of shots from my 8080, I feel they would be glary and blurry. Maybe it wasnt working right. Did you use a tripod for these? and was it set in P or did you have to change the camera settings.

Glad your mom likes her 410 camera, the pressing half way down is a great thing to learn. I'll try out the low light and flash stuff right away the first few days and make sure i can live with it, or i'm sending it back.

If you had your 3030 and your 8080 both set on P or auto, changing nothing, would you get the same good shots?

I agree, the 8080 is fast and no red eyes and easy to use, but i'm not good at knowing what to change settings too and I guess at this point, i must not want to learn.

I really hate to give up the quailty i had on the 2020. For instance

I could zoom in on any spot on any photo (2020) and the whole thing was focused clear and crisp and no dark spots and no glaring white spots.....it seemed to balance the lighting and focus the entire shot (like from the front to the back of a store, i could read the boxes on the back wall shelf when i zoomed in. Do you have that luck with either the 3030 or the 8080?

I'm sure i wont get any of this with the 410 and i probably shouldnt have ordered it, but they were not goign to charge me for the restocking if i exchanged, so i didnt think very far.

thanks again. ....as always

cmw

Old May 11, 2004, 1:28 PM   #9

Those pictures are from 3030 inA or S mode, and I do not use tripod.

I do not find any different when use the P mode on 3030, 8080, or 410 other thanthe resolution. And I believed your problem should be your hand-shake when taking picture.

I do not have problem on dark or glaring shot on any camera, I think your major problem is your hand shake, I suggest you should try the camera with anti hand-shake function, likePansonic DMC-FX5 or KM A1 or A2.

Old May 11, 2004, 1:30 PM   #10

you could be right about the handshake, but did the 2020 have a IS?

chris