Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital Cameras (Point and Shoot) > Olympus

Old May 11, 2004, 10:04 PM   #1

Hello

I have been lurking here for a while, and have found the site to be a good source of info, which led me to purchase a 5060 about a month ago.

I have been thinking about buying a wide angel converter and possibly a tele as well. however I'm a bit put off by the cost of the olympus and the bayonet style fitting of the new CLA7 adaptor as it will limit the use of non olympus lenses.

In my travels I have stumbled across this site www.raynox.com which makes adaptors and a wider range of lenses that will fit the 5060 and others.The comparason photos on the site look ok to my untrained eye, but I was wondering if anyone had first hand experience with these lenses.

regards

Clint
clinto is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old May 12, 2004, 7:50 AM   #2

Most of Raynox's lenses are among the best. Many C-7x0 owners praise their DCR-6600Pro as superior than anything else they've tried, including Olympus' lenses. Unfortunately since the C-5060 is already a wide angle lens, you can only use certain WA lenses with it. Many are looking forward to the DCR-2020Pro that's released this month, but it has a high price tag of $267US.

There are other choices out there, but there's a lot of garbage out there. As well the lens might not be compatible with your camera (in that it won't be able to focus, or suffer from purple fringing). It's always best to ask around to see if others have already tried the particular lens with that camera. As well, maybe you want to join a C-5060 dedicated group (I personally help run a C-7x0 group, and such a group is the best way to get info on your particular camera).
Mikefellh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 12, 2004, 9:24 PM   #3

thanks Mike

Do you know of any 5060 groups by chance?
clinto is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 14, 2004, 4:47 AM   #4

There's a user's group for the 5060 (and 4040, 5050, and 8080) at http://groups.yahoo.com/group/Olympus_405080.
Maggie is offline   Reply With Quote