Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital Cameras (Point and Shoot) > Olympus

Old May 15, 2004, 1:40 AM   #1

I'm thinking about a camera for all purposes, that can take family photos as well a sports and travel and i'm thinking in OLY's C-770 (ZOOM, MOVIES)and SONY V1 (EASY OF USE, CARL ZEISS LENS, NIGHT SHOT). Any help apreciated.

thanks !
NACHO is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old May 17, 2004, 8:38 AM   #2

After selling my Canon G3,I'm seriously considering the C-770 for general travel and family-type usage. I used a friend's V1 for a while. Although the V1 is small and full-featured for low light shooting, I found it to betoo small for my average size hands. The buttons on the back are also small and not intuitive, in my opinion. The C-770 only starts at 38mm (a disadvantage) butotherwise this camera is nice in hand and has a great zoom range. Image quality looks good and I like the "Super Zoom" feature that permits shooting a 2 MP 14x optical image. The C-770 hot shoe is also an advantage (same on the V1).

PS. dcresource now has a review of the C765/C770 at: http://www.dcresource.com/reviews/ol...ew/index.shtml
jpmccormac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 17, 2004, 10:58 PM   #3

I really apreciate your comments, i guess the zoom could be one of the more interest features of both cameras because they are pretty similar inother aspects (except low light focusing). Since you've tried some pictures from Sony, do you think they're better?

thanks for your input.

Nacho.
NACHO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 18, 2004, 1:15 PM   #4

I can't really comment on comparison of image quality between the V1 and C-770. I have not personally shot with the C-770 - yet. Images I got with the V1 were very good.
jpmccormac is offline   Reply With Quote