Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital Cameras (Point and Shoot) > Olympus

Old May 15, 2004, 9:04 PM   #1

How can I speed up my photo shots after pressing down on the shutter button. I use a 256 card. I mostly take pet shots and people.:?:
Imacer is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old May 15, 2004, 10:49 PM   #2

What picture format are you shooting in? If you are shooting TIFF, although it's the highest quality, you can get away with JPEG for most pictures.

- Check out the Oly_C-700 Yahoo Group, discussions, fun challenges aimed at ALL C-7x0 users, http://groups.yahoo.com/group/Oly_C-700/
- Member of the Toronto Camera Club, http://www.torontocameraclub.com/
Mikefellh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 16, 2004, 12:12 PM   #3

I'm shooting in SHQ.
Old May 16, 2004, 1:43 PM   #4

Imacer wrote: "How can I speed up my photo shots after pressing down on the shutter button. I use a 256 card. I mostly take pet shots and people."

The only "speed-up" techniques that I am aware of are to use prefocussing to reduce the delay in taking the shot and multi-frame mode so you can take a number of shots quickly. I would suspect that HQ is also slightly faster than SHQ.
Pooperdog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 16, 2004, 3:45 PM   #5

I have my AF Mode set to iESP and spot is turned off. Which one of these should be turned on or off? Also my Fulltime mode is set off, should this be turned on or off? What is iESP and spot suppose to do?
I was going through my seetings and could not find the multy frane mode. I know it's some where.
Old May 16, 2004, 8:03 PM   #6

There's two things going on here...are you talking about the time it takes to write a picture to the card, OR the time it takes to take a picture not including writing to the card?
Mikefellh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 17, 2004, 5:44 PM   #7

Mike I am experience both.
Old Jun 22, 2004, 11:30 PM   #8

Hey Imacer, you figure anything out yet? I just got mine in the mail today and am a little frustrated with the time it takes to get the pic too. I know at SHQ and HQ or TIFF, there is a certain amount of time to write to the card, thats not going to change, but the time from when I push the button to the time it takes the photo my little subjects (kids) have totally changed there face or position. Is there a way around this?? My SLR takes the pic when I push the button....usuallly.

OK, indoors, low light......what is my best bet for getting focus? This no af assist is a little frustrating too!

Thanks for any advice all,

Ernie
Hornseeker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 24, 2004, 2:01 AM   #9

About all you can do is use the multi-shot modes and take lots of pics. For focussing indoors avoiding the use of zoom can help or switch to manual focus. Be sure to use the flash or you'll end up with motion blur.
Pooperdog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 25, 2004, 8:47 AM   #10

AF needs time. Have the same on my analog Minolta SLR. The Oly 7xx is in the middle of the pack. 5060UZ seemed faster to me.

The 7xx has a "gain up" in the Monitor - you'll notice it becomes brighter when focussing in dim light. 2nd AF attempt is mostly much faster. Will test that for myself after I purchased the 770 actually... this is only from my tests with a 770 in my local camera shop and the experiences of a colleque.

Regards
thkn777 is offline   Reply With Quote