Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital Cameras (Point and Shoot) > Olympus

Old Jul 10, 2004, 10:36 PM   #21

chuck your only real option is to buy another olympus battery, the six hour charge time, size and slower lens were why I sought to buy a c5050 over the more availalbe c 5060
bob1xxx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 11, 2004, 3:16 PM   #22

That's what I thought I'd have to do. I've already bought an extra battery from B&H. When I had my Canon G2 I bought a Mach 1 charger that charged them in a snap & in my car to boot. Too bad it won't work with the Oly BLM1 battery. Still I'm happy with the camera. That 28mm wide angle is great for me.

Chuck :cart:
Crashton is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 12, 2004, 12:35 AM   #23

Hey I understand it was the wide angle lens that gave me cause to take a serious look at c5060. But the other issues of size, batterys and slower lens made me seek c5050. See if I was buying the 5060 I would have automatically inclued the price of a spare battery as a necessity and not a option
bob1xxx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 12, 2004, 2:25 PM   #24

https://emporium.olympus.com/innards/empProdDetails.asp?sku=260206-410

this charges in 2 hours.

You can plug this into your car with right addapter. This is the battery that is in the e-1 8080.I once had the e-1 one out. Took about 20 picuters, put it back for a whole2WEEKS! then used it. And then found that i left battery in camera. Wanted to see how long it would last. I took over 300 picuters withit. Now thats a powerfull battery. When it all comes down to it, yes you are stuck with the olympus battery. If you run out on road then you a stuck. But you need to think ahead about battery. This is the way it is, if you dont like it then dont get camera. I really dont think it is a big deal.Unless your taking over 300-400 picuters in a day then you dont need more then 2 batterys. Not really more then 1 but just incase. Really olympus did this for a reason. Im pretty sure its not to make extra money on our cameras, but for size and what not.So everyone has there diffrent views on it and non of witch will change how the camera is made. All i say is all new olympus cameras are going this way so.....
Olympus Guy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 15, 2004, 9:26 PM   #25

For what it is worth, I have also found the C5050 to overexpose outdoor shots, and therefore wash out the color. The C5060 rates muchbetter in image qualilty at every dig. camera review site I have checked (many!!). I would certainlyrather deal with a harder to find battery than overexposed photos!!!
lindalu62 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 20, 2004, 8:44 AM   #26

The battery is not hard to find or expensive just gohere http://www.tigerdirect.com/applicati...6&cat=1431order it and have it in a week
kheiser is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 1, 2005, 9:26 AM   #27

The 5050 has great stats and features. That's why I bought it. But I am very disappointed in image quality. Very poor quality and very noisy. My wife and a fe wfriends have Sony's, My daughter has a Nikon, I used to have a Fuji and all had better quality and less noise. Even at 64ASA it is bad.
Buy a Sony..........
Elanman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 1, 2005, 10:18 AM   #28

I've been using my 5060 for over a year now and I have to say that the WZ lens makes all the difference. Living in NYC I photograph a lot of tall building and bridges etc. Without that wide lens I'd have to stand too far back from the subject to get it all in the frame. The battery life has never been a problem, but always carry a spare, you never know.

Check out my web site with lots of 5060 pix:

http://www.brucepix.com
BEECEE is offline   Reply With Quote