Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital Cameras (Point and Shoot) > Olympus

Old May 27, 2004, 8:46 PM   #1

I waited and waited for the 770 to come out and finally took possession of one recently. A good camera, but I wanted it for the video function too, which won't work. I loaded all the software that came with the camera, but when I try to bring up the video on my computer, it won't do it. I've tried emailing Olympus to talk to a technician, but all I get it doubletalk. I've tried calling, but all I get is instructions to push 1 if I want such and such, push 2 if I want .... you know the situation. All I want is to talk to a human being that can guide me through the problem. What do I have to do.....find a 12 year old in the neighborhood to fix it? Help! Jay
tikiewok is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old May 27, 2004, 9:18 PM   #2

To play MPEG4 on the computer, try the latest version of Quicktime.
Mikefellh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 29, 2004, 10:13 AM   #3

Mike- Thanks so much for your reply to my MPEG4 problem. I loaded the programs that came with the camera, which included the QuickTimePlayer.exe program. Usually, when I click on one of my files for my videos from my other digital camera (Dimage X), I have no problem, as I just click "play" and it works. But when I click on one of the Olympus 770 MPEG4 files, the QuickTimePlayer.exe program comes up with this label across it: There is no disk in the drive. Please insert a disk into Drive/Device/Harddisk1/DR3. Then to clear the label, I have to click cancel many times to get it off the screen, which leaves the still photo of the file ready to go, but there is nothing to click that says "play". There's gotta be a simple way to make this thing work. Also, I would like to change the "sound off" default on the MPEG4 to "on". Who would want to take silent videos in this day and age. Anyway, thanks for any future assistance you might give me on this, as I have a feeling you can be of help, I hope I hope. Jay in Texas
tikiewok is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 19, 2004, 4:00 PM   #4

click IGNORE and not cancel ... looks like a bug to me. Sometimes I have to ignore up to 3 times, then everything is fine, sometimes not /shrug

Would be interested how to get the *.mp4 on my DVD-player Haven't bought the 770 yet, only considering. I sownloaded 2 examples and they wont play on the DVD-player... hm.
thkn777 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 21, 2004, 11:55 AM   #5

You should uninstall and reinstall quicktime. This is a problem with YOUR COMPUTER not olympus. Its not hard to get to a live person on the tech support line if you would just lisen. Or go to your programs and run the quick time updater. Where and how are you saving the file? Have you read your manual. It tells you how to turn the sound on. All you have to do is turn the mic on. If you cant see the movies how do you know it is with out sound?
Olympus Guy is offline   Reply With Quote