Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital Cameras (Point and Shoot) > Olympus

Old Sep 11, 2002, 1:31 AM   #1

Default Camedia Red-Eye edit works once per pic?

Camedia ver 2.5
Offload pictures from C2040 to PC, then copy all jpegs to another working directory for editing. Original directory has originals if editing goes wrong.
I use camedia Image View window to zoom in on red eye to be removed. Then use the "lasso" tool to draw around the red eye. Then click on the red eye tool, and then click within the lasso area. The red eye is removed. Repeat this operation for the second red eye, but it won't remove the red eye?????

Any ideas what I might be doing wrong?
I assume the software can't be broken on
such an obvious operation. : )
ferrero1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Sep 11, 2002, 8:21 AM   #2

Default Red Eye

I am using Camedia 2.5 and have the same problem. The red eye tool does not work on all pics. I use Adobe Photo Deluxe 3.0 which has a great red eye tool. I have ordered Camedia 4.0 Pro and hope that red eye tool works on all pics. I will let you know
gibsonpd3620 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 19, 2002, 10:20 PM   #3

Try this, ferrero1, on the second red eye: After you select the red eye with the lasso tool, click on IMAGE, then FILTERS, then COLOR BALANCE. Increase the red channel 100, and decrease the blue and green channels 100. Now select the red eye removal tool and click it in the selected area. This works for me when the red eye tool won't function. Hope it helps. Jeff
jmcdev1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 19, 2002, 10:40 PM   #4

Default Red Eye

I receive the Camedia Master 4 and the red eye function is superior to the Camedia 2.5. I have tried it on about 40 pictures and it works everytime.
gibsonpd3620 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 20, 2002, 9:29 AM   #5
lg

Default Try CompuPic for redeye removal

I wasn't pleased with the redeye removal feature of Camedia 2.5 either, so I switched to CompuPic. Since then, the only thing I use the Camedia software for is stitching together panoramas.
lg is offline   Reply With Quote