Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital Cameras (Point and Shoot) > Olympus

Old Sep 11, 2002, 9:26 AM   #1

Default C-700UZ lenscap, USB cable... where to buy?

Hi there,

After reading many raves about the C-700UZ, I bought mine (refurbished) several months ago. I've been very happy with it. Almost immediately upon receiving it, though, the USB cable was misplaced. And since that little bag also had the little string for the lens cap, my lens cap wasn't attached to the camera... and it fell off and broke. So I'm in search of a replacement lens cap and a USB cable (I have a SmartMedia card reader, but it's pretty inconvenient.)

Thanks!

Stephanie
delphinus is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Sep 11, 2002, 10:01 AM   #2

Unfortunately the lenscap for that camera is pretty unique, so you'd have to go to a camera store that sells Olympus (Oly) and have them order one from Oly. Or, you can go to Oly's website and order one yourself. I don't think you can get a generic lenscap for the 700.

As for the cable, that should be common...again photography stores will be the place where you want to get it (not many computer stores will carry that type). Make sure it fits before you leave because even Oly had two types.

An alternative for the lenscap is to get a an Oly CLA-4 filter tube, 55mm UV filter, and a 55mm lenscap...more expensive, but the UV filter will protect the lens from UV, dust, damage (it's cheaper to replace a filter than to replace a lens)...only thing is it does block a little bit of the flash (that's what I have done BTW, and screw off the tube when doing indoor flash shots).

Mike
Mike_PEAT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 11, 2002, 10:37 AM   #3

Default Lens Cap

An excellent lens cap replacement can be found at this web site: http://www.olympuscap.homestead.com/
The cost is only 9.50 plus shipping. You can contact Olympus for a replacement USB cable. A card reader may be cheaper
gibsonpd3620 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 11, 2002, 12:05 PM   #4

Yes, that is a NEAT lenscap idea (doesn't work with the filter tube though if you get one).

BTW Gibson, the person already has a card reader but they said they don't like using it.
Mike_PEAT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 11, 2002, 3:47 PM   #5

Default USB cable

Located usb cable on the olympus site and cost $40. The link is http://emporium.olympus.com/innards/...asp?sku=200668
Old Sep 11, 2002, 7:05 PM   #6

This might be an option.

http://www.stevesforums.com/forum/vi...d.php?tid=2692
John Maddox is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 23, 2002, 12:56 PM   #7

Default tube and lens cap

I just received my tube and filters for my C4040 and the tube will work with this type of Lens cover.