Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital Cameras (Point and Shoot) > Olympus

Old Jun 5, 2004, 4:44 PM   #1

I print mostly 4x6 phots from my Canon i960. I will start printing 5x7 and 8x10 soon. I use SHQ instead of HQ. Now if i was to print 5x7 or 8x10 should I use SHQ or HQ, but my choice is 4x6. How much of a diffrence will I notice by printing 5x7 and 8x10 photos. I want the best quality that I can get with my camera photo taking and prting.:?
Imacer is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Jun 5, 2004, 5:10 PM   #2

Well if you want the best quality, then the answer is simple, TIFF! But if you want the best compromise between size, quality and speed, then the answer is SHQ. The difference between SHQ and HQ may not be immediately obvious at small sizes, but if you everdecide to blow up that once in a lifetime shot you took in HQ, you may find the results somewhat disappointing.

The rumor is that flash memory prices are falling, so you might be able to get in on a decently large size xD soon. I always shoot at 4mp SHQ regardless of the subject matter.

KuoH
KuoH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 5, 2004, 7:03 PM   #3

I have plenty of XD memory cards. I will stay with SHQ. Thanks for the info.
Imacer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 25, 2004, 11:43 PM   #4

If you have "...plenty of xd memory cards" you should shoot in TIFF then.It ill allow you to blow up a picture larger than an 8x10 should you get that perfect pic.If you already have the cards why not take advantage.That being said I have a 256mb xd card mated to my Oly c-750 and I use SHQ which allows me 92 shots before the card is full.
slickShooter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 26, 2004, 1:05 AM   #5

There is the matter of save time with TIFF. There are situations when 20 or so seconds between shots is not very desirable, not to mention having to change memory cards all the time. Maybe if we're lucky, Oly will implement RAW in some future firmware upgrade, giving us the best possible quality at a reasonable size and speed.

KuoH

slickShooter wrote:
Quote:
If you have "...plenty of xd memory cards" you should shoot in TIFF then...If you already have the cards why not take advantage.
KuoH is offline   Reply With Quote