Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital Cameras (Point and Shoot) > Olympus

Old Jun 13, 2004, 4:52 PM   #1

Just wondering if anyone got any picture taken with the WCON-07. Wanna know how they get... Preferably with the C-750 cam, but that doesn't really matter...:roll:

Btw, is it possible in some wayto change how 'wide' the pictures get? If so,an example of the most 'extreme' would been nice :-)
Luthion is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Jun 13, 2004, 9:23 PM   #2

These are some shots a took a while back to show the zoom range of the c750uz when using the stock as well as wcon0.7 and tcon1.7 adapters (click for 50% resized versions):

750uz wide angle with wcon0.7 attached (26.6mm):

750uz at wide angle setting (38mm):

750uz at max zoom (380mm):

750uz with tcon 1.7 at full zoom (646mm):

I like to use the wcon0.7 for almost all my shots since I find the stock wide angle of 38mm's a little limiting when it comes to shooting alot of the places I like to shoot. I definately use it alot more than the tcon1.7....and most likely take well over 75% of my outdoor nature shots with it. As long as you don't zoom in alot (say past about 4-5x) when using it your pictures turn out great without any noticeable distortion from the lens....at least from what I have noticed.:-)Hope this helps.

P.S. These are all handheld shots as well....

tkmckay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 13, 2004, 10:33 PM   #3

TK,

I have a 750 on the way right now and I am hoping to use it A LOt for wildlife. I have been looking at the teleconverters alot lately. Is the Tcon from Oly the only one to get or can a guy get by with a cheaper one? I'll save up and get the tcon if necessary, but I was just wondering as some of the others are 1/4-1/2 the price!

Thanks for any input!

Ernie
Hornseeker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 14, 2004, 12:00 AM   #4

still waiting for my c-765 w/tcon-17.....but after doing some research.....alot of people don't recommend cheap teleconverters. there are betterlenses then tcon, but they're even more expansive. i got my tcon for about $85
kolyan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 14, 2004, 4:28 PM   #5

IMHO I think that the original Oly adapters designed for the camera are worth the money. They work perfectly with the camera without any image quality decrease which can sometimes (more often than not actually)be found with other adapters. Personally I wouldn't bother with lower priced (quality) lenses with the camera.... when you can get results like this with the tcon1.7:

tkmckay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 18, 2004, 1:26 AM   #6

Check out the Raynox converters. Their .66x (DCR-6600Pro) has no visible barrel distortion (unlike many .7x converters on the market, including my Canon .7x). Raynox shows samples of thier lenses on particular cameras. Here's the C-750 page:

http://www.raynox.co.jp/english/digi...50uz/index.htm

(click on the particular lens for sample pictures.)

- Check out the Oly_C-700 Yahoo Group, discussions, fun challenges for ALL C-7X0 users, http://groups.yahoo.com/group/Oly_C-700/

- Member of the Toronto Camera Club, http://www.torontocameraclub.com/
Mikefellh is offline   Reply With Quote