Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital Cameras (Point and Shoot) > Olympus

Old Jun 13, 2004, 9:58 PM   #1
Tez

I have owned my C 750 now for about 9 months and have just now noticed a large amount of large particels of dust inside my viewfinder when I pointed it up to the sky. Can anyone help in telling me how dust can get into this area and if there is a way I can remove it without sending it away. I have contacted Olympus in the States. Their reply was to send it back to them with a cheque for $144.00. and gave no explanation how the dust can get inside. Any info anyone could give would be greatly appreciated.:?
Tez is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Jun 13, 2004, 10:53 PM   #2

I have had a C750 for six months and just noticed a few bits of dust in there. I don't know how it gets in but I suspect it might be through the crack to the pop-up flash.
Pooperdog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 14, 2004, 2:08 PM   #3
Tez

I have tried blowing compressed air from a can into all the cracks and visible holes but it doesnt seem to move it . It has realy got me stumped. Thanks for the responce though.:?
Old Jun 18, 2004, 1:18 AM   #4

This has been covered in the Olympus-C730-c740-c750 Yahoo Group (although not specifically the C-750). If your camera is no longer under warranty you can take it appart and the way to do it (if you're up to it) is described by a member who has done this:

http://groups.yahoo.com/group/Olympus-C730-c740-c750/

If your camera is still under warranty, it should be Olympus' responsibility to do it. BTW, buyers in North America can get an extended 2 year waranty (IF bought before the original warranty expires) which includes a free cleaning and checkup.
Mikefellh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 18, 2004, 9:40 AM   #5
Tez

Thanks for the info. I have joined this group and will see if I can find this information
Old Jun 18, 2004, 11:23 PM   #6

Do a search for DUST EVF. One such message is number 10935:

http://groups.yahoo.com/group/Olympu.../message/10935

There's another C-7x0 forum that not only has C-7x0 discussions, but also an "assignment" every two weeks to get people to get out and shoot, and then submit for a friendly competition where the fellow members choose their favourite picture:

http://groups.yahoo.com/group/Oly_C-700/
Mikefellh is offline   Reply With Quote