Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital Cameras (Point and Shoot) > Olympus

Old Sep 15, 2002, 11:08 AM   #1

Default Looking to buy an Olympus C-4000UZ and found this offer. Wh

I came across this offer for the Olympus C-4000UZ. It's called the Executive Package and includes the following:

http://store.yahoo.com/645af/225350execkit.html

Any disadvantages to buying a camera from an online distributor or is it safer to just go to a place like Circuit City? This offer is just so tempting.
jeepzj is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Sep 15, 2002, 6:33 PM   #2

Default Good buy or not?

The camera retails at $499. The other accessories that they including have a value of $100 to $125. Their cost is $529 less a $30 coupon, net of $499. Circuit City cost will be about $625 to $650. I would go to www.dealtime.com where you can get low price quotes plus vendor ratings from customers who have purchased from those vendors. I have purchased my digital on the internet but good research makes for a happy buyer.
gibsonpd3620 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 27, 2002, 1:20 AM   #3

Default Re: Looking to buy an Olympus C-4000UZ and found this offer.

[quote="jeepzj"]I came across this offer for the Olympus C-4000UZ...

Also checkout www.buydig.com

Their Executive Package is $485 shipped and has a 128MB card. It does not have a tripod however.
tedamenta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 27, 2002, 6:33 AM   #4

I purchased my C4000 from ChoiceOneDigital on Ebay. I was happy with my purchase but if I did it again I would have just bought the camera and got the acessories elsewhere. The case was a throwaway, too small for my needs, all the other items accept the adapter with filters I have replaced with better items. I paid $430 for the camera with 64M SM, case and card reader. $550 total with optons. Also keep in mind if you get a lemon, I didn't, it is easier to go to CC than return to an online vender.
Pipeman597 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 1, 2002, 6:58 PM   #5
Mac

I have purchased three camera's from TriState Camera & Video this past year. The Olympus C-700 was bad from the box and was returned without a hitch. The other two camera's were in perfect condition and are still working well. I only do business with Jack at TriState. He will run the course and offer you additional items. I knew what I wanted before hand and when he hit on something I wanted I said yes. He was happy with additional sales and so was I without any high pressured sales from him. I have to agree that it is easier to run a faulty camera back to CC if something goes wrong but if you're looking for price try it. TriState Camera is online and list all the camera's and attachment you might want. Give them a look see at the following site: www.tristatecamera.com

Mac
Mac is offline   Reply With Quote