Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital Cameras (Point and Shoot) > Olympus

Old Jul 2, 2004, 4:01 PM   #1

Hi everybody, I'm going to buy my second camera and I'm uncertain between Olympus 765 and Minolta z2. I've read so many reviews but I would like to hear something from you too. Which one do you think is the best?

Thank you all!
Ranger78 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Jul 5, 2004, 1:29 AM   #2

I'm not a fan of the Minoltas...I've tried several (Z1, A1), and they are too prone at generating noise (in the picture).

When the Z1 first came out I took a close look at it because it was such an unusually designed camera...one thing I absolutely didn't like is the gimicky method it uses to swap the LCD from the main screen to the viewfinder...I have a lot experience with PDAs that use a flex cable on the display and they tend to wear out and break. There's always the possiblity of getting a lemon with any brand, but someone I knew who got the Z1 had it die within a day of opening the box. You can see how this mechanism works on page 2 of Steve's Review of the Z2:
http://www.steves-digicams.com/2004_reviews/z2_pg2.html

I'm a fan of the Olympus and a C-700 user, and looking at another Olympus as my next camera.

- Check out the Oly_C-700 Yahoo Group, discussions, fun shooting challenges for ALL C-7x0 users, http://groups.yahoo.com/group/Oly_C-700/
Mikefellh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 5, 2004, 6:29 AM   #3

Thank you, I'm also a C700 user actually and I think that's a fantastic camera, I never had any troubles with that. So I think I'll buy the C765.
Ranger78 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 5, 2004, 3:39 PM   #4

Check out the C-750 or C-770...the reason why I mention them is they have some advance features like hotshoe that the C-765 doesn't have.
Mikefellh is offline   Reply With Quote