Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital Cameras (Point and Shoot) > Olympus

Old Jul 3, 2004, 11:46 AM   #1

I'm getting lonely in the Olympus SLR section, maybe I can get a few of you loyal Olympus C series owners to join me. I started with an Olympus C-700, sold it, bought a C-730, sold it bought a C-765. I also bought a Canon Digital Rebel, was getting sharper photos out of my C- series, so sold my Canon kit on ebay recently. Just bought an Olympus E-1 w/14-55 & 50-200. I'll post my web page I have images posted from C-730, E-1 and DRebel (C-765 to be added soon). THX!

http://community.webshots.com/user/johnwmitchell100
fporch is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Jul 3, 2004, 3:45 PM   #2

fporch, I would definately love to join you as an E-1 user as the camera is basically what I dream of one day owning.....but for now I can't quite justify the expence. I think I may however add the C-8080 to my C-750 setup. Like the E1 it seems to be quite the amazing camera.:-)I hope you continue to post a tonne of E1 shots for all of us to drool over!
tkmckay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 4, 2004, 12:44 AM   #3

THX kay - I pieced together my kit on ebay buying from Cameta Camera (watching their reserve price, etc) - saved over 20% from the retail price being offered everywhere else. I don't know how Cameta does it, but I was able to just afford the conversion thanks to their ebay sales. The 8080 is a nice camera for sure, wish the E-1 had that 8 MP processor - probably will soon! I think the 8080 and C-series would be a good combination, I also considered that option. THX for the kind words.
Old Jul 4, 2004, 1:16 PM   #4

Ebay does have some nice deals on the E1....I think its because retailers can get around the minimum advertised price that Oly sets on most of their cameras. I know of a camera store here in Canada that I buy a decent amount of my gear from that has in the fine print under their E1 add something along the lines of "call us about package pricing" Maybe I should give them a call and see what they could do for me....Thats the downfall as well for me about Ebay since alot of those retailer listing on there won't ship to the great white north.:?

With all of the manufactures now on the 4/3 system support list I wonder when any of them will produce some more gear for it? (Kodac, Fugi, Panasonic bodies perhaps)I will also be interested to see what Oly has in store for us in the future since there are still roomers going around of both a consumer dslr body like the Rebel and a higher end camera coming fairly soon.

tkmckay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 5, 2004, 1:47 AM   #5

I'm also sold on the E-1...problem is the bank account isn't. I'm waiting to see what the consumer Olympus 4:3 will be that's due out before the end of the year and how much it is (and if it is missing the best of the E-1).

Maybe if I win the lottery.
Mikefellh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 5, 2004, 8:43 AM   #6

Hi Mike - yeah, I understand. I originally went with the Canon Digital Rebel because it was much more affordable. Don't get me wrong, it's a nice camera and I got some good shots with it, but in the end, I settled for the Canon when I really wanted the E-1. The E-1 gets sharper images for the type of photography I do (see my web-page link above) - I really believe the digital platform accounts for this clarity.