Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital Cameras (Point and Shoot) > Olympus

Old Jul 17, 2004, 7:23 AM   #1

Hello all. Just got the Stratus 410 and am trying to fihure out if I can operate it with out the video monitor on. I use to conserve my battery on my other dig camera by leaving the monitor off. It only went on to show the picture I just took. I rather use the view finder to take pis. If anyone knows how to do this with the 410 please help.
rizangler is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Jul 19, 2004, 6:21 PM   #2

Hey rizangler!:|i want to know if you are talking about the Stylus 410 by Olympus or is the Stratus 410 the same thing but, just a different name for it. I'm new to the digital camera world and this forum. I recently purchased the Stylus 410 online and i should recieve it by this week. When i get it i will try to resolve this problem. I also would like to know if the monitor could be shut off to conserve the energy, considering the battery only lasts a short time. If you have any more questions i am here to help.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

- There's got to be more to life than looking really really ridiculously good -looking-

~ZooLander~
NTimback is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 19, 2004, 8:46 PM   #3
Administrator

See the "Shortcut Menu Options" on this page of Steve's review:

http://www.steves-digicams.com/2004_...us410_pg3.html

JimC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 19, 2004, 9:44 PM   #4

Ohhhh ok. So here's the part of the page JimC mentioned. It tells you how to turn off/on the monitor when you wish. Problem solved. thanks JimC 8)

Press the OK/MENU button to bring up the Record mode Menu. You can use the shortcut menus to quickly change exposure compensation, image resolution, or turn the LCD monitor on/off. To access all menu options press the 4-way selector to the "Right" for the Mode Menu - see the next frame.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

- There's got to be more to life than looking really really ridiculously good -looking-

~ZooLander~

Old Jul 20, 2004, 5:22 PM   #5

The manual is your friend. Just hit the ok button and you will see montor off.
Olympus Guy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 22, 2004, 10:15 AM   #6

Hey thanks everyone. Love this camera.Not crazy about the software it came with. Seems not to intereact with pictures I already have on file.
Old Jul 22, 2004, 11:20 AM   #7

Jim, that was a great link! Told me more then the software a lot faster.

Is there a way to delete all the pictures on a memory card at once? I see how to remove one picture at a time. I also see you can reformat a memory card, that will erase all pictures. I wonder if reformatting a card to erase all pictures at once can cause any problems?

NTimback, you will love the camera! Go to the link Jim gave and you will see how to do what I wanted with the monitor. I also found a helpful option to keep all changes you make so you do not have to reset it every time you power off.

Mode menu then go to SET. Then go to SETUP and under ALL RESET pick OFF. This will save all changes you make. A handy feature.
Old Jul 22, 2004, 10:18 PM   #8

Rizangler, I just got the camera today and its great, thanks for the directions to save all changes, that will really come in handy, and to answer your question about deleting all pictures at once is located in the quickstart guide. The option is called All-Frame Erase. This option deletes all pictures on the xD-Picure Card in one operation, except for the pictures you have protected.

To do this (with the sliding lens closed) press the QuickviewButton, then press OK, then RightArrow to select MODE MENU. Use Up/DownArrows to select the Card tab, then press RightArrow twice to access the CARD SETUP screen. ALL ERASE should be highlighted. Press OK. Then it will ask you to select YES or NO to confirm erasing. Select YES and then OK.

That should do it.

- There's got to be more to life than looking really really ridiculously good-looking -

~ZooLander~

Old Jul 23, 2004, 2:42 PM   #9

NTimback, you are very smart. Thanks a lot I found the ERASE button. This is a great little camera. I had two Kodaks before it and liked them a lot. My last was messed up when I got it wet. I do most of my pictures from my fishing trips so while on my boat the camera can get damp. Most digs can not survive any moisture at all! Thats why I got this one. I travel a lot and have relied on my dig camera for all my pictures. I got the extra 124 memory card along with the 16 one that came with it. I may get the a/c adapter but it seems that the battery can last a long time and recharge quickly. An extra battery may be a better investment. Enjoy.:|