Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital Cameras (Point and Shoot) > Olympus

Old Jul 18, 2004, 12:21 PM   #1

Hey, been looking through the forums and it seems the consensus is that only the Olympus xD cards will enable you to use the panorama feature. This was my understanding and I enjoy using the panorama feature. However, I hate paying the premium for it. I was looking through the sales papers this morning and saw CompUSA has the 512 mb xD card for $139.99 after rebates. So, I went to the website to see which brand card it was. Of course, it was a Lexar Media. But in the description of the Lexar Media xD card, it said it does support the panorama feature.

This true? I googled the link here ---> http://store.digitalfilm.com/index.cfm?category=18

It also confirms this. Anyone triied these cards for panorama?

Thanks, tnmg
tnmg is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Jul 18, 2004, 3:59 PM   #2

The link sent me to a page of Olympus media, not Lexar, but what that page says is true, the Olympus cards have a special format which enables the on-camera panorama mode.

Personally, I use only my Olympus card when I want to do panoramics, and I bought other cheaper cards for every day use.
Mikefellh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 18, 2004, 10:53 PM   #3

If you look in the upper corner of the page, it says its a Lexar Media page. Any ideas or anyone tried using these cards to do panorama? I've read somewhere that people have bought xD cards that have Olympus written on them but are packaged in other packages (i.e., Sandisk, Lexar, NOT Fujifilm).

Thanks

tnmg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 19, 2004, 4:34 AM   #4

What I'm saying is those appear to be Olympus branded cards (made by Lexar)...if they were Lexar branded cards they would say "Lexar" on the card where they say "Olympus" on the card...so they should be 100% panorama compatible, unless they used the picture from Olympus of the Olympus cards without permission in order to sell more cards.
Mikefellh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 7, 2004, 9:55 AM   #5

Just got a Lexar 256 mb xD card (part number XD256-266)for my C750 and can confirm that it IS panorama compatible. The card comes in a Lexar blister pack but is marked Olympus. Shame it does not include a plastic storage case though.
JJHamster is offline   Reply With Quote