Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital Cameras (Point and Shoot) > Olympus

Old Jul 24, 2004, 5:36 AM   #1

i've had this camera for about a year now and ever since i got it, its been having the same problem. after a of minutes and/or shots, the camera keeps resetting itself whether it be viewing the pictures taken or while in the middle of taking a picture. i've read the instruction manual and my settings seem to be set correctly. people say that it could possibly be the automatic shut off but no where in the manual does it say if it has one or not. i cannot find a site where someone has the same problem so hopefully somewhere knows why my camera is doing this or knows how to fix it.

any advice would help.

thanks!
scobo is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Jul 24, 2004, 1:25 PM   #2

Hey scobo, i dont know if you looked hard enough in the manual but there actually is an option to fix your problem. It is called All Reset. This option makes it possible to save or delete all oyur settings/changes when you turn off the camera.

Alright, now first turn the camera on. Next press the OK button to enter the main menu. Next select the RightArrow to enter MODE MENU. Now use the UP/DOWN Arrows to select the SETUP tab. Now press the RightArrow to select ALL RESET.Niw press the RightArrow again to change whether you want this optionON or OFF. Change it to OFF.

And that's that

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

- There's got to be more to life than looking really really ridiculously good-looking -

~ZooLander~
NTimback is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 24, 2004, 7:33 PM   #3

Perhaps your battery is kaput? Since it's resetting in the middle of operations, it does not look like an "All Reset" issue.

I don't know if this helps, but my C750 does this when my rechargeable CRV3R batteries are nearly drained. In my case, the batteries apparently still have enough voltage not to trigger the lowbatt warning, but don't have enough current for the camera to perform certain operations, such as zooming the lens. When this happens, the power will just go out and come back a second later. Sometimes this will repeat until I remove the batteries.

KuoH

scobo wrote:
Quote:
i've had this camera for about a year now and ever since i got it, its been having the same problem. after a of minutes and/or shots, the camera keeps resetting itself whether it be viewing the pictures taken or while in the middle of taking a picture. i've read the instruction manual and my settings seem to be set correctly. people say that it could possibly be the automatic shut off but no where in the manual does it say if it has one or not.
KuoH is offline   Reply With Quote