Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital Cameras (Point and Shoot) > Olympus

Old Aug 9, 2004, 8:36 PM   #11

Great! I just got one from Japan, and it is definitely a metal body, unlike the Costco camera. The outpost page
http://shop1.outpost.com/product/4097932 doesn't say anything about 14x optical zoom at 2MP, or PictBridge support. The camera I got from Japan has those features.
I wonder if it is the real C-755.
NB
nellybly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 9, 2004, 11:30 PM   #12

So...Olympus lied! Not good!

Nellybly, I'm sure you checked, but just thought I'd mention that I've read of Oly C7** from Japan having directions in Japanese. I can't remember if the camera itself was affected or not.

julie3y is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 9, 2004, 11:32 PM   #13

Oh, lol. I see its made in Japan, from Fry's.

Looks nice!
Old Aug 10, 2004, 1:00 PM   #14

Julie3y, I don't think Oly lied, and I don't think your camera is plastic. The metal body panels on the C-7xx series cams are just that - thin metal body panels. They aren't readily distinguishable from plastic by mere casual observation. I'm sure they're metal.
jkusmier is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 11, 2004, 5:00 PM   #15

Quote:
Julie3y, I don't think Oly lied, and I don't think your camera is plastic
Well, I would hope they didn't lie. But then I don't know how to explain the difference between the C755 that nellybly bought at Costco and the one she just got?

I do agree with you that mine is probably a standard C750 usinga metal alloy. I wouldn't even havethought aboutit except for the apparent difference described in the C755. Olympus told me they were not different, but nellybly's experience is otherwise.

Not a big deal, true, but it would be nice to havethe reporteddifference between twosame-model camerasmake sense.
Old Aug 11, 2004, 9:20 PM   #16

The C-755 camera I got from Japan does not have English menus available, or if it does, I haven't been able to find it yet. I'm really not having any trouble with it, though. The icons are the same, and White Balance is still WB, noise reduction is NR, ISO is ISO, etc.
The box says "For use in Japan only"! There is no English manual, either, LOL!
I learned the 2 Japanese characters that mean "Zoom" so I can use that. It's really been kind of fun. Thank goodness for babelfish.com!
I'm definitely going to find a good sushi place with a friendly server, and ask them to take a look at it for me, though. There should be an icon of a man's head with a baloon that signifies choice of language, but I can't find it.
I had a C-700 for 2 years, so I am very familiar with the Oly menu system, anyway.
Happy Snapping,
NB
Old Aug 12, 2004, 10:47 PM   #17

Well, if the fun ever wears off of figuring it out yourself, you can also download the C750 manuals from Olympus (pdf files).

Old Aug 24, 2004, 12:33 PM   #18

>Well, if the fun ever wears off of figuring it out yourself, >you can also download the C750 manuals from Olympus (pdf >files).

Turns out that everything seems to be the same as in the C-770 manual, except the movie mode, which is in quicktime format. Finally found out where that 14x super zoom is!
I think I'll name it SUZ! Too bad there is no IS, or it could be SUZI, LOL.
Thanks for the tip about the manual.
NB
Old Sep 24, 2004, 3:00 PM   #19

I just purchased a new olympus c755 on ebay; it came with everything but the manual so i used the on line c750 manual; my camera does not have a Panorama option available or 2 pics in 1 option, nor am i able to get in the super macro mode?maybe i amdoing something wrong but i tried about all the ways i can think of including the c750 way to no avail
bopc1996 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 24, 2004, 10:24 PM   #20

Folks, you gotta keep things in perspective. The C-700 series, of which I have had three models (I now have a C-765), takes great photos in most conditions - I've shot from the shore to mountain tops. In the current issue of Photographer's Forum, nationally know photographer Ray Carofano talks about his love for $16 Holga Chinese plastic cameras, which comes in two models - one has 1 F stop and the second model has two f stops! So don't sweat it - the only thing that counts in the end is the photos you get. Go out and shoot - aim to get one really great photo every week. :idea:
fporch is offline   Reply With Quote