Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital Cameras (Point and Shoot) > Olympus

Old Jul 26, 2004, 8:15 AM   #1

It says in the manual that some type of flaring occurs when the camera is pointed towards the sun etc. but i have noticed that there is some red tinged flaring on the LCD monitor when the sun is from the side. The flaring occurs mainly on the bottom right hand corner and in low lightish conditions. (out doors only)The coloration does not come out in the final picture, only on the LCD.
I was wondering if any other C8080 users have noticed this or is this a normal phenomena of digitla cameras. I love my camera so i suppose Im just want to put my mind at ease and or fix the problem as the camera is just recently purchased.
Any answers to this would be greatly appreciated.

Many thanks,

mvasteve:?
MVASteve is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Jul 26, 2004, 11:55 AM   #2

MVASteve, I've seen the same thing on my c8080. It doesn't seem to affect the final result. I don't know what causes it but it is an annoyance which can sometimes get in the way of being able to see well enough to compose the shot.

If my memory serves me correctly, there was some discussion of this on the Olympus forum up on dpreview.com.
geoffs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 26, 2004, 6:50 PM   #3

Thanks geoffs, even though it is an annoyance it is reassurring that the problem is found in other cameras. (doesnt mean it is a good thing though) I'll check out the other forum at dpreview and may email Olympus to seeif they have any answers. I'll post my findings.
MVASteve is offline   Reply With Quote