Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital Cameras (Point and Shoot) > Olympus

Old Aug 3, 2004, 4:28 PM   #1

I just receoved my C8080. :-) With all my past Olympus cameras (C2100, C3040, and C5050 I have purchased the fitted type Olympus case. Does Olympus not make a fitted-type case for the C8080? I can't one anywhere on the Olympus site. What do fellow you C8080 users recommend if Oly doesn't make one for the C8080?

Thanks - Chrystie
Mercurycu is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Aug 4, 2004, 10:21 PM   #2

I believe that olympus makes a case for the 8080,but it is not available in the U.S.A. yet.... I am using the Tamrac 5698 and I understand that the Lowepro Revo tlz 10 is great also.
Kanji is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 5, 2004, 6:24 PM   #3

Thanks, Kanji. I will probably go with the Tamrac case. I appreciate the info. :-)

Chrystie

Old Aug 6, 2004, 12:36 AM   #4
Administrator

I checked around and could not locate the Olympus case anywhere in the states. Several dealers in the UK have it, such as:

http://www.cameradepot.co.uk/mall/pr...pot/ACCCAS-512
steve is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 6, 2004, 6:56 PM   #5

Thanks, Steve! That is exactly what I was looking for. Maybe if I wait a bit they will bring it to the states. Otherwise the Tamrac looks OK. I don't understand why Olympus would withhold the case form the U.S. I have purchased the equivalent for my other Olympus cameras and findthem very useful to protect the cameras when theyare packed in a bag with other stuff. I use them as a protective, form fitting glove. :-) The Tamrac looks too big to serve that same function. I can't put it in a bigger bag very easily.

Thanks again - Chrystie
Old Aug 6, 2004, 11:35 PM   #6

Kanji wrote:
Quote:
I understand that the Lowepro Revo tlz 10 is great also.
I bought the TLZ Zoom Mini which is similar to the TLZ 10, for use with my Olympus c8080. The camera does indeed fit inside it (lens facing down) even with its lens hood on. There is room in the front pocket for a filter + 2 extra batteries + IR remote.

However, what I do not like about the bag is that when it is not being carried around, and I just want to set it on something, it will not stand straight up because of its inverted pyramidal shape. I should have thought of that when I bought it. It is actually quite annoying to me.

Next time I'll look more closely at something like Lowepro's Nova Mini or Orion Mini bags.
geoffs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 9, 2004, 12:41 PM   #7

I can confirm that, but it's doesn't really trouble me. Totally bombproof bag - once you go LowePro, nothing else comes close.
jkusmier is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 11, 2004, 4:17 PM   #8

I am using (in Holland) a Lowepro Nova Micro AW .
phocas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 15, 2004, 6:46 AM   #9

As others have said, the C8080WZ case is not available in the USA. I've contacted many sources in the UKbut none will ship outside the UK. However, this source will:

http://www.pixel-flash.com

Its a little pricey, but if you want it, it is available. 21.19 sterling pounds ($38.14) and 7.25 ($13.05) for shipping--- total of 51.19 US dollars.

You cannotbuy online, but contact them and they will send instructions for purchasing.

Payment must be made through PayPal, bank transfer or check.

Hope this helps.

Bob Tippett

spright2 is offline   Reply With Quote