Default Oly C-700

Want to know about C-700 owners who could tell me their experience with it

I curently have a D-510 wich I'm selling and going to buy the C-700

:P
Majestic Twelve is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Sep 26, 2002, 3:58 PM   #2
IOU

I have the 700 and LOVE IT.. pervious cameras were the kodak dc290(was the 2nd best one I had) the hp 215 bad camera... IMHO hp 318 kodak and the kodak dc4800 the last 3 were VERY small and it is hard to hold these things in yout hands esp when you have a large hand.. the 700 boasts its the smallest 10x optical zoom and it might be but it was big enuf that It felt comfortable in mya hands.. only downside I have seen is there is some "purpling" when you take photo's of light or refections of light.,. but it is erally not an issue to me.. let me now if you want to see a sample of what I am refering to.. I have had the camera for about 3-4 months and have taken a ton of photos.
IOU is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 26, 2002, 4:02 PM   #3

Thanks
Yeah, I saw the chromatic aberration in some reviews.
Send me some pics please
I'm online with cable so send alot of pics if u like

ICQ 8187243
[email protected]
Majestic Twelve is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 27, 2002, 9:35 AM   #4
IOU

sure check your icq..
IOU is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 2, 2002, 11:34 PM   #5

I think the C700 is great. The C720 you can keep, especially since they took the zoom away by 2x, AND movie sound. I still don't understand Olympus' rationale on the design of THAT camera.

Of course now the C730 is coming out. It's very much like the C-700 but with an extra megapixel, which is no big deal unless you want to print out a lot of prints over 8 x 10.

My sister just picked her C-700 up the other day and she's delighted with it.

For long zoom shots, make sure you use a tripod. If you want to see some excellent examples of what a talented photographer with extremely steady hands (for those long zoom shots) can do with the C-700, check out Daniella Theoret's gallery on pbase. I believe her site is at www.pbase.com/zylen . You will be very delighted with what you see.

Buy it. You won't be sorry.

Willa
Willa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 2, 2002, 11:59 PM   #6

I got my C700 9 weeks ago...happy with it, not so impressed with the company though.
Mike_PEAT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 3, 2002, 12:02 AM   #7

Default Hi, Mike!

Yeah, Olympus is getting a lot of heat about their crappy customer service. Too bad. I think they make great cameras.

I think you, and my sister, got the best deal on a new 10x zoom camera out there today! Now let's see some photos, dude! If I didn't have the UZI and the D-40 I'd get another C-700.

Willa

[Edited on 10-3-2002 by Willa]
Old Oct 3, 2002, 1:28 AM   #8

Yep, I got my C700 for $434US (converted from Canadian Dollars), although part of me wishes I bought the C2100 instead (but I've taken some great handheld 1000mm zoom pictures).

As for my pictures, I keep them to myself...I'm not one of these people who are obsessive with sharing them with the world.

I have posted some at the C700 group during assignments:

http://www.pbase.com/image/4449842
http://www.pbase.com/image/4877464

The current assignment is "Glass"...have a few ideas.

C700 (700/720/730) Yahoo Group NEW home:
http://groups.yahoo.com/group/Oly_C-700/
Mike_PEAT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 3, 2002, 8:21 AM   #9

Default Hey, Mike!

Yes, I know what you mean about 'obsessive' submissions, lol. I submit photos every now and then, but if I tried to keep up with some of the folks who submit several daily, I'd never get anything else in my life done! I'm just not that organized!

There is some awesome talent out there. I've discovered from surfing the web that quite a few of the photographers that frequently win are actually professional photographers. That is fine with me, and it also puts it all in perspective for me, as I am only and AMATEUR, and can't really expect to keep up with them. I'd be a dirty liar if I said I wasn't thrilled to death every time I ever won a POTD though.

I do enjoy looking at the work of shutterbugs who really, REALLY know what they are doing. I can only learn from them, right? I've never interacted with anyone of them that wasn't quite happy to 'help' me with a techinical question or a tip or a trick.

I really take photos for my own enjoyment. A few of my lucky shots are pretty good, but believe me when I tell you many more are 'snapshots' for my own viewing pleasure and nothing more. I have a ball taking picctures!

I have family and friends all over the country, so I DO have my pbase gallery that they can all visit if they like. Occasionally, I enjoy entering a challenge, but sometimes they are just too weird for my efforts! DPChallenge's "garbage" challenge/assignment for this week is a good example. I won't be participating in THAT one. I guess I'm not the artist I aspire to be, lol. Trash doesn't inspire me all that much!

Don't mourn not getting the C-2100. Your camera (C-700 uz) is wonderful.

I just checked out those links you provided. It looks to me like you know what you're doing with that camera!

Keep clickin'

Willa
www.pbase.com/willa

[Edited on 10-3-2002 by Willa]