Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital Cameras (Point and Shoot) > Olympus

Old Sep 27, 2002, 4:17 PM   #1

Default Opinions Please

Hello all. I am very new to Photography and am asking for some opions on some of my pictures as well as looking for some people to talk to who have the same love for digital photography.

Here is a link to my gallery.

http://jsample.wileypub.com
samplejs is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Sep 27, 2002, 11:24 PM   #2
IOU

very nice.. (you had a pix of your son there earlier that i was impressed with as well.. the one where he was in between a pole and something? the shadow seemed kinda dark tho
IOU is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 28, 2002, 8:35 AM   #3

Default Thanks

thank you IOU. Yeah I really liked the composition and my sons expression in that other photo but have never been happy with that shadow. That's why i decidedto take the photo off and replace it with a portrait of him instead.
Old Sep 28, 2002, 5:32 PM   #4

Default Pics

Are you using any filters on the photos?
gibsonpd3620 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 30, 2002, 6:27 AM   #5

Default filters?

On the Outdoor pictures I used a circular polerizer to cut down on glare from the ice and water in Alaska. With the indoor pictures I only used a UV filter that is always on my camera to protect my lens.
Old Sep 30, 2002, 7:55 AM   #6

Default Pics

My suggestion is take pics and do not be critical if they pleasing to your eyes. I love to look at the photo of the day and gather ideas about shots from there. Be creative in editing.
gibsonpd3620 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 30, 2002, 12:49 PM   #7
lg

Nice pics! You might want to consider fill-in flash on your daughter's picture for more facial details, or have a lighting source more in front of your subject.
lg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 1, 2002, 6:37 AM   #8

Default Thank you for the Tips

LG thank you for the Lighting tip. I never noticed it but your right. I always have trouble taking indoor shots because they come out so dark so I took that picture with her next to a window and didn't notice the strong shadows. I did have the flash on but must have been standing to far back for it to be effective.
Old Oct 1, 2002, 8:55 AM   #9

I agree with Gibson above about enjoying them for the pleasure they bring you. I am new also and sought out opinions and the problem is everyone has them ;-) .

What helped me was 1) taking a class with a reputable instructor - I used www.dpcorner.com - and learned a lot. Then for FUN I joined a couple of local camera clubs. In fact I have been involved with the creation of one of the clubs which has been fun because it is geared towards beginers where the other one has a lot of "old pros" who can be a little intimidating.

Most of all, enjoy, have fun, and appreciate what you are doing!
larsonhokie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 2, 2002, 11:40 PM   #10

Default JSample

Hello, and welcome! I looked at your gallery, and I think you are definitely off to a good start, especially with your choice of digicams (the Oly C-2100 uz). You have a beautiful family!

I suspect we will be seeing some nice shots from you!

Regards,
Willa

[Edited on 10-3-2002 by Willa]
Willa is offline   Reply With Quote