Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital Cameras (Point and Shoot) > Olympus

Old Aug 15, 2004, 9:11 AM   #1

Hi all,
I am trying to buy C765 or 770 but i have concern over battery life in these two.
could any one of you can tell me on avg how many pics u can take in one charge?

ur reply would be very helpful in making my decision.
thanks.
coolman is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Aug 28, 2004, 1:54 AM   #2

I can comment on the C750, which should be identical. Battery life has been a complete non-issue. I've gone 2 days of heavy use, with the flash usedmany times and no dead batteries. From what I read in reviews before I bought my cam and from my experience, this is about as good as it gets for battery life. One complaint I do have is that when the batteries do die, they go quick, sometimes too quick to turn to camera off, which means the lens is left extended.
tjk3052 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 28, 2004, 5:57 AM   #3

I can't keep up with the advances being made in NiMh batteries, AAs have doubled in capacity almost overnight. Not sure about the models You are interested in, do they use AAs, or a special battery?:?
tsiya is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 28, 2004, 7:42 AM   #4

I use the C-765 and found that Using the camera normally over a period of a few days, I took 153 shots, 36 of them with flash, downloaded 148 images to the computer and reviewed and deleted a further 22 images before the battery warning light came on. After the warning, I was able to take another 6 shots in SHQ mode before the battery actually became exhaused.

They charge back up in just under two hours.

I thought this compared favourably to my AA re-chargables
norm smith is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 28, 2004, 9:07 AM   #5

tjk3052 wrote:
Quote:
I can comment on the C750, which should be identical.
Actually, NO! The C-750 uses AAs, while the 760, 765, & 770 uses a proprietary lithium-ion battery...those cameras are just too small to use AAs now.
Mikefellh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 28, 2004, 10:22 AM   #6

I just returned from my first big trip with my new C-765 and batteries were my main concern. Keep in mind though, I'm used to a fully manual OM-1 that uses the battery only for the light meter. Interestingly, my friend was travelling with a C-750 (rechargable AAs) and it's easy to see how the newer proprietary battery pack allows a sleeker camera design.

I didn't do any scientific record-keeping, but I basically chewed through a battery every day. If you're checking into a hotel every night and can recharge, that's great, but maybe this isn't a backpacker's camera. When they go, they go fast - you must carry at least two batteries. I'll buy a third battery to add to the rotation, and live with it as the only negative to this wonderful camera that exceeded my expectations in every other way.
Anne is offline   Reply With Quote