Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital Cameras (Point and Shoot) > Olympus

Old Aug 16, 2004, 6:04 AM   #1

I read the manual and my question cocerns the LCD turning on in P mode.When I first power up the camera in P mode the LCD display breifly shows a few camera settings then shuts off! I have tried the reset menu to on and off and when in on the LCD will not stay on,but when in reset off it does stay on. I like the fact that the camera goes back to defaults when in reset on.So how do I get the LCD display to stay on when I power up in P mode? I also tried the start up mode settings for turning the camera on and off ,but these seem to be just for displaying the Olympus logo.

Also I noticed the flash is blocked when in Super Macro.Is there no way to use a flash in S.Macro or is this just because the flash would be too much in that mode and its not possible to use it there at all.I did see something about that in the manual but was wondering If there was a way around it.
Bsmooth is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Aug 18, 2004, 5:26 AM   #2

Maybe what I should be asking is what happens when you turn on your C4000 in P mode? Does the LCD display remain on or does it shut off after a few seconds?
Old Aug 18, 2004, 11:53 AM   #3

Bsmooth, when I turn on my C4000 the LCD comes on each time. This is what I want and I assume its what your after too. After reading your post I experimented. I have my resets turned to off and I think this is the only way you'll achieve what your after. By pressing the "quickview" button on the back when the camera is powered up the LCD can be turned on or off. That , you probably knew. What I discovered was that if you shut it down with the monitor off, it will come back on with the monitor off. Shut it off on and it comes back on with it on. Maybe this helped ?? As far as the S Macro mode, when using S macro your talking about taking shots that are within inches of your lens. Your flash would be useless that close as it will go right over your subject.......Dave
Davcar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 19, 2004, 5:37 AM   #4

Just wanted to say thanks,for the response,I finally did get a hold of someone at Olympus and they basically said that the reset on/off was what determined the LCD being on or off in P mode.When its set to on naturally everything goes back to defaults and from what he said the default setting for the C4000 is to have the LCD screen off,when the reset is set to off whatever the camera was set to when shut off is what you get when you turn it back on.The LCD defaults to off to save battery life.

I can't wait to go shooting some more pics with this great little camera!