Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital Cameras (Point and Shoot) > Olympus

Old Jun 24, 2005, 7:09 AM   #21

Thanks for the information az44. I wonder if Olympus will make this update available to the public (especially Mac users) or, if we'll have to get it for ourselves again. :G
John_P is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 24, 2005, 7:09 AM   #22

Thanks for the information az44. I wonder if Olympus will make this update available to the public (especially Mac users) or, if we'll have to get it for ourselves again. :G

Oops!!! Sorry about the second posting. An overenthusiastic finger was to blame! :?
Old Jul 6, 2005, 2:54 PM   #23

Hi,

As I also have a Mac running system X, 10.2.8 and I am getting the camera any day now, would you please be kind to send me the latest and the greatest firmware (775.76 or 78 now?) so that I can enjoy it with the rest of you fine people??

My email is [email protected]

Thank you Very Much!

Josef
flashbug is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 6, 2005, 5:45 PM   #24

Ho Josef,

I only have firmware V757-75. Your new camera will probably have V775.76 or above. I'm hoping Olympus will release a firmware update in the not too distant future.

I have been talking to a person who does Internet research for Olympus and she has been very supportive. I believe she is going to try and 'encourage' Olympus to do something about their Mac support so, keep your fingers crossed. :-)

John
Old Jul 13, 2005, 4:34 AM   #25

Hi John,

I was told that she was going to call me, but she never has. I have called them several times and each time the hold is about an hour! I asked when I should call at a better time and was told to call at the end of the day... no luck! They never even picked up. I hope that the camera I get will have the latest firmware and if it does, how do I check it with my MAC? Also, why did they say I have to update it in any camera I get?? Makes no sense to me.

Josef

John_P wrote:
Quote:
Ho Josef,

I only have firmware V757-75. Your new camera will probably have V775.76 or above. I'm hoping Olympus will release a firmware update in the not too distant future.

I have been talking to a person who does Internet research for Olympus and she has been very supportive. I believe she is going to try and 'encourage' Olympus to do something about their Mac support so, keep your fingers crossed. :-)

John
Old Jul 13, 2005, 7:45 AM   #26

Hi flashbug,

I would seem from your comments that Olympus still have some way to go in improving their customer relations. It is really frustrating when you can't get the support you need.

I found this from another site and it should help you establish your camera's firmware version. I haven't checked it as I don't use iPhoto myself :-

If you are using iPhoto, Select any pic, then go to the Menu Bar - Photos - Show Info and under 'Camera' in the Photo side of the Photo/Exposure window that pops up, you will see the firmware version number (maker/model/software).
Old Jul 13, 2005, 7:53 AM   #27

Here's an update flashbug,

You can check your camera's firmware version in most graphic applications. I've just checked mine by opening a photograph in Graphic Converter and then clicking on the Info. sign in the bottom left corner. It was under the EXIF tab. Most other applications will have some way of showing you the EXIF information. :-)
Old Jul 13, 2005, 3:15 PM   #28

Thank a lot! However I now feel worried about any problems I may have in the future and the lack of support from Olympus. Somebody should tell them to get off the mountain... :-)
Old Jul 13, 2005, 7:39 PM   #29

Maybe if we keep on reminding them that it's us who pay their wages they'll one day get the message.
Old Jul 13, 2005, 7:47 PM   #30

Latest news... After waiting another 2 hours on the phone... litteraly... I got to speak with the highest level (5) support person who told me that they do not support MACs at all as far as firmare and expressed doubt that anyone has ever gotten a file or a card with firmware for a Mac!! I am waiting to see if anything will be done and she nicely said that she also wishes to investigate this matter further and perhaps start some support for the Mac. This is a "loop" if you read the other earlier posts here and does not look promissing to me. However, I will keep you all informed as to the progress as I intend to waste a few more hours next week to see what I can do about all this....:|