Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital Cameras (Point and Shoot) > Olympus

Old Sep 16, 2004, 12:15 PM   #1

Am interested in a refurbished C5060 on ebay with 90 day warranty, new modelsonline now for about 470.00, going for about 400.00 on ebayas refurbished by Olympus. They state the camera will function as a new one. Thoughts???? Enough of a discount, oroverpriced as arefurb on ebay??

thanks!!
lindalu62 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Sep 16, 2004, 4:24 PM   #2
TC3

You would by a refurbished one rather then a new one for a saving of only $70? I like my stuff new with a full warranty.
TC3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 16, 2004, 5:38 PM   #3

Your'e right! I have bid no more than 300.00, but others are driving thebidding up to about 400.00, which is not a good enough deal for me for used! Guess I'll keep trying,Olympus seems to have a lot of refurbs available there, and are getting good money for them!
Old Sep 16, 2004, 6:06 PM   #4

I'm a long-time ebayer. New ebay members, called newbies,usually will bid higher than they should. Note the rating - if its under 10, this overbidding will most likely happen. If its under 20, overbidding probably will happen. The best strategy for bidding against a newbie is to wait until the last minute or two of the auction (known as sniping) and place your bid at the highest amount that you think is a good deal. Set your price and don't over bid. You can check what like items are going for under the completed sales section. I love newbies when I'm selling, butin their quest to "win", they can be a terror to bid against.:shock: It's always better to lose some auctions than over bid - another like item will show up soon that will sell more reasonably.
fporch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 17, 2004, 9:05 AM   #5

thanks! That was the feeling I got. I have checked the completed bid section on this camera on a daily basis, and they are all going for about 400. to 440.!!! I think this is a ridiculus price to pay considering you can get it new online with full year warranty for 470.!!!!:O So, I will keep trying, but am not going to pay that price!!! Hopefully, others will wise up so at least some of us can get the camera at a decent price!!!
Old Sep 18, 2004, 3:11 AM   #6

You should be aware that Olympus collects sales tax for its eBay auctions, also. Btw, I bought a refurbished C5060 for $400 (including shipping) from a reseller approximately six months ago. The downside was that it took nearly five weeks to receive the camera. The camera itself looked and functioned as new. I bought a refurbished Minolta D7 a couple of years ago, also. It could not be distinguished from a new camera either. I've had zero problems with both cameras. These were Class A refurbished cameras. There are Class C refurbished cameras as well which can have cosmetic blemishes. Of course, these cameras only had a 90 day warranty versus the one year warranty on new cameras. I've purchased several Fuji 2650 refurbished cameras as gifts for my nieces and nephews, and they have also been problem-free. I'm not advising you to buy refurbished; that is your decision. I'm just relating my experience with them.
lucky2505 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 19, 2004, 2:28 PM   #7

thanks! Appreciate it!
Old Sep 23, 2004, 1:53 PM   #8

Lindalu62:

Go with the refurbished from Olympus. It has already been rehabbed and good to go.

Then go with (also from Olympus):

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll...tem=3840722675

and you are "protected" for 2 years plus 90 days.

Good luck
digcamfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 29, 2004, 12:18 PM   #9

Hello!

I purchased a refurbished C4000 from Olympus through EBay. I received it yesterday, expecting it to be somewhat "used". Well, this thing looks brand new. Not a scratch, not a blemish, not a smudge - nothing.

I used it quite a bit last night and it performs flawlessly. I may purchase the extended 2-year warranty, or I may not. But I am very happy with my camera and the whole purchase experience with Olympus Emporium.

Cheers!

Kevin

Skinner is offline   Reply With Quote