Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital Cameras (Point and Shoot) > Olympus

Old Oct 11, 2002, 3:21 PM   #1

Default Best Telephoto ??

Hi,
I am searching for the best telephoto available for my camera. (C-3000Z)
Olympus currently offers only one model I think (1.45x). Someting around 1.7x-2x would be nice!

Any idea?
MrSocko is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Oct 11, 2002, 5:14 PM   #2

Just to show you the extreme of what's available, check out the lens on an Olympus C2100UZ:

http://jimsphotopage.com/UZI/index.html
Mike_PEAT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 16, 2002, 7:49 AM   #3

I bought the Tiffen 2X tele-converter lens fo my C3040. It works well, but sure adds a lot of bulk to the camera. Also, you will need to take all pictures with the monitor, as the optical viewfinder will not work with the tele lens attached. (Then I got a C730, and my zoom woes were gone !!)
MikeM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 16, 2002, 12:07 PM   #4

Quote:
Originally Posted by MikeM
I bought the Tiffen 2X tele-converter lens fo my C3040. It works well, but sure adds a lot of bulk to the camera. Also, you will need to take all pictures with the monitor, as the optical viewfinder will not work with the tele lens attached. (Then I got a C730, and my zoom woes were gone !!)
How do you like your 730? I now have a 2020Z and am considering moving up to 3 megapixel and a 10 x zoom.

Have you been able to get a sharp focus with the zoom lense fully extended without using a tripod?

Bennett
blandsman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 16, 2002, 2:00 PM   #5

Bennett,
So far I have only taken a few test shots, the weather has been less than cooperative lately. I am going on a mountain climb this weekend, and I will (hopefully) have a good opportunity to fire off plenty of pics. But previously owning a C700, I can tell you trying to get a clean shot at 10X without a tripod is like playing the lottery. Sometimes you get lucky !! Even a monopod is hit or miss. If it's bright enough, the faster shutter speed helps a bunch. I was able to get a nice shot off a monopod at 30X, but it was pure luck. That's 1180mm in film camera world, I would think it's hard to do with any cam without image stabilization.
More to follow........
Regards,
Mike
MikeM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 17, 2002, 9:38 AM   #6
lg

Default B-300, Add-On Lenses Forum

Check out the Add-On Lenses Forum. The best telephoto I know of is the B-300. Plenty of info on it and other lenses there...
lg is offline   Reply With Quote